Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey All,

I've had some form of acne since i was 18 and am now 25. I've gone through bouts of mild, moderate, and cystic acne. I've been on every over the counter medicine available and have also been on prescriptions such as: Mino, Tetra, Doxy, Tazorac, Retin-A, Differin, BP, Benzaclin, Clindamyacin; but have only seen noticeable results form Mino. I have about 1-3 bad breakouts a month but always have collection of pimples on my face. Recently in January of this year, I had a really bad breakout and became more sensitive to the products I was using for 2 years (Seaweed Cleanser and Cetaphil Face Lotion). I had to go to the derm and he prescribed me Mino to assist with the clearing of the cysts that were on my face for 3 months. I had great results on Mino but was only able to wash my skin with water because any cleanser seemed much too harsh. I continued the "water only method" and to my surpirse my skin felt more comfortable and manageable for about 3-4 weeks after the Mino treatment. After this time, I started breaking out again and decided I needed some sort of cleanser so I tried the cetaphil liquid cleanser which made matters worst. I then tried the cetaphil bar and that's part of my current regimen for the last 3-4 weeks:

Morning:

• Water
  • Cetaphil Moisturizer

Night:

• Cetaphil Bar (Regular not the Anti-Bacterial)-Rub gently for 10 seconds and wash off with lukewarm water.
  • Cetaphil Moisturizer

About 4 days ago i started to break out in my problem areas again, mainly on my chin (see pic), and bought some 2.5 benzoyl peroxide to spot treat. Unfortunately, I am unable to rub BP all over my face due to sensitive skin. I don't pick my skin anymore but these things aren't lessing even after a few days. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Edited by hextal11

In my case, the Cetaphil moisturizer seemed to make my acne worse. Once I replaced it with Jojoba Oil, I noticed a reduction in my acne. I've never used the Cetaphil Bar though, but my entire family swears by Clean and Clear's Deep Cleaning Astringent.

Also - I don't know if you've already tried this, but I recommend getting tested for certain allergies. For years I put up with cystic acne, until I found out that my undiagnosed gluten allergy was the cause of it.

Hi there,

Well, I've been using this method for 4 days, and it's working for my great! I only have 6 spots left. :)

Wake Up:

Brush teeth(IMPORTANT) > Cold water in sink < Put on Honey & TCP >. Dunk face in cold water(to reducde redness) and then start to wipe your face(gently) > PUt on Nivea, works a charm.

Do that very 4 hours. It's got rid of 17 spots for me. Trust me, I've been counting. :D