Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mooboo119

new acne scar treatment?

is this how subcision is really done? looks painful

warning-this video shows subcision surgery, it can be pretty intense

Can anyone who has had subcision confirm is this is what it's like? If it is, I am not sure I am getting it and may cancel my appt. That looks not only painful, but dangerous. You have so many nerves in your face. I thought they just did it fairly superficially.

i dont think thats how it is. At least thats not how it is here in america. They're supppose to needle individual scars and lift ONLY the scars. But other countries, they sometimes try to subsicion your WHOLE face. ASK yoru doctor how its done TO be sure and safe though.

is this how subcision is really done? looks painful

warning-this video shows subcision surgery, it can be pretty intense

lol music blasting in the background. can anyone confirm that this is the way subcision is done?

hi,

I have read "subcision- suction method" article.

I think this method is basic and successful. The results of this method (60 to 90% improvement) seems to be very good compared with other acne scar treatments. Correct performance of both subcision and suctioning seems to be very important in the outcome of this method. I think every dermatologist must use this method after reading the article and experience correct performance of subcision and suctioning, gradually .

Do you know that?

1) subcision must be performed in superficial dermis.

2) in the first day of suctioning, it must be performed only on flat subcised scars with low negative pressure, short(1-2s) and limited suction passes, nontramatyzingly; and then more per condition of scars, ....

I have read these points in the article. So i suggest reading the article and then start it.

But how is the suctioning performed? I cannot seem to get an answer to this question!! What instuments are used? How is the technique employed. Noone, not even doctors in my area, know what the hel* this is and have asked the identical questions I have asked.

But how is the suctioning performed? I cannot seem to get an answer to this question!! What instuments are used? How is the technique employed. Noone, not even doctors in my area, know what the hel* this is and have asked the identical questions I have asked.

Any instrument that causes suction, what else it there to know.

If anyone finds a doctor that does this let me know! Although, I'm not sure it will help with my scars, they do appear better when stretched, and I have always heard subcision works best on scars that don't appear better with stretched :think:

thats because the rolling scars that don't stretch has fibrous tissue holding it down. when it cut and released from subcision, it DRAMATICALLY improves from how bad it used to be.

this doesnt mean that the ones that can be stretched wont improve, just not as dramatic since nothing is holding it down in the first place.

in the end, its all the same. just know, the deeper the rolling scar, the more treatment you'll need.

Hi everyone,

So I don't usually post on here - I'm more of a lurker, lol, but when I saw this post I thought I should reply.

A little background about me: I'm 25, female, and was finally able to clear my cystic acne with the help of Spironolactone and have not had a single cyst since May of this year. During my battle with acne, I had a series of five Affirm laser treatments, beginning in January of this year and ending in June. My derm said this was the only thing I could really safely do to treat my scars while I was still experiencing active acne. I was desperate, so I went ahead with the treatments. I have seen some improvement in my scars, but not as much as I would like.

SO, I went back to my derm a few weeks ago to discuss options to treat my scars and she suggested this method. She said she is using it on only one other patient because it is so new, but that the results of the study seemed promising. As far as the method of suction goes, the type they use in their office is Isolaz (a light/suction device normally used to treat acne). I am going in for the subcision procedure this Thursday and will begin the suctioning on Monday, going every other day for two weeks. My derm has told me that I won't be able to see real improvement for quite some time after the procedure (months), but I am considering a filler before then because of some weddings and other events I have coming up this fall. I'm a little nervous about the swelling and bruising (since I have to go back to work one week later) as well as the possibility of subcautaneous nodules. But at this point, I would try anything to improve these scars since they have pretty much taken over my life. I'm sure you all know what I mean. I"ll keep you posted.

Think positive thoughts for me!! Thanks guys :)

How many subcisions did you have on average? I have had three subcisions and believe that I need at least another three to improve deep rolling scars (that are not bound down).

Wow DucklingS that's pretty awesome that your doctor recommended it to you! What were the results of the one other person she's treated? :)