Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mooboo119

new acne scar treatment?

very interesting!

funny thing is ive been thinking about this for ages. ill go and do a search to see if i can find any devices able to suction facial scars. i think this might be helpful after a range of treatments.

def interesting!!! i wonder how long it will take for dermatologists to start performing this new procedure on their patients cause i will def try it out!

Edited by Steve man

yeah! definitely exciting news. I'm glad doctors are proactive enough to try and develope new innovative ways to further improve acne scars even if its combining a new technique/procedure to an old/existing one.

so far... they're still trying to make better fractional lasers (erbium and co2)

stem cells regenerative med for everything on the human body is still going on...

Recell and stem cell fat injection is still waiting for FDA approval

derms/plastic surgeons are realizing that theres a big rise in acne and acne scars due to numerous of patients seeking for help- this will possibly push for better and more effective treatment in the future.

so far so good i guess... hopefully in 2-3 years.. there will be couple of new effective scar treatments out there.

Edited by chee6119

sounds like an interesting treatment although i'm sure few derms will do this since they all still need to pay off their bs laser machines.

i so agree with you ZXCV.

Especially in America-since they focus so much on ENHANCING beauty (anti wrinkles, rhinoplasty, breat implants, facelifts) rather than FIX series issues like scars due to skin diseases and unfortunate accidents or trauma like burnt victims.

luckily other countries like europe, korea, japan and china are more on top of this matter. Trying to come up with new ways/procedures/technologies.

is this how subcision is really done? looks painful

warning-this video shows subcision surgery, it can be pretty intense

is this how subcision is really done? looks painful

warning-this video shows subcision surgery, it can be pretty intense

it looks like he is just moving the instrument under the entire cheek, rather than just the scar? isnt this a little excessive? wonder if it would cause all the boxcar scars to rise too.

i have a sneaking suspicion id be disfigured after such a procedure.

Edited by sydney_fellow

hmm, i think that guy has alot of rolling/boxcar scars everywhere on the cheeks so the doctor seems to be doing subcision on the entire area to get teh scars really smoothed out.

I research on a technique called "surgiwire subcision"- where the doctor uses diamond wire to undermine the scars and it basically does more than just on the scar... it undermines the normal skin that's around the scar also-which claims to be more effective than just subcision-ing the scar alone.

heres the video (again, warning.. this video is also intense)

in addition: they claim that surgiwire is more effective and safer, but it takes a very skillful Plastic surgeon to do it. Many doctors dont know how to do it nor even heard of it.

Edited by chee6119

Dudley,

Thank you for creating the link o rama thread. It will help many people.

hi neuroticwaif,

I doubt suction will work for needling/dermarolling because needling doesnt undermine the scar-pulling up the scar by cutting the fibrous tissue that is holding down the scar (at least not enough). The reason why suction would work for subcision is because for subcsion procedure, the scar is lifted/underdermine... meaning no fibrous tissue is holding the skin down, and what suction does is that it 'pulls' up the subcision-ed skin, keeping it from reattaching itself, so it wont be depressed/bound down again.

Therefore, i think subcsion and suction will lessen the number of subcision treatments needed.

hi dudleydoright,

no problem dudley, i think that will definitely help others as well as keep track to what options we have now and the near future. Thanks

Chee,

Thanks for the information. Yeah, I thought one thing needling did was cut the scar tissue. However after seeing that video, subcision does look more intense than a needling procedure.

what would they use for suction though

the microdermabrasion thing?

lol no read the post. its to stop the scar tissue reattaching itself to the lower layers of the skin during the healing process. it means less subcisions are needed for rolling scars.

come to think of it, its basically raising the scars during the skin remodelling process. new smaller scars, once the scabs have come off are still quite weak. so do question whether they could be altered too, even to a smaller degree.

Edited by sydney_fellow

I'm not letting this thread die...

lol it will die unless someone gets it done. threads die unless there is new info..unless its the scarless healing thread. they havent had new info for almost a decade yet they all still get excited.

I'm not letting this thread die...

lol it will die unless someone gets it done. threads die unless there is new info..unless its the scarless healing thread. they havent had new info for almost a decade yet they all still get excited.

LOL!!