Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HandyAndy

Don't Give up! Look at my progress on Benzaclin and Retin-A Micro (PICTURES)

Okay so i had acne all through high school, in fact, i had some of the worse acne EVER i felt. Pic below. I mean, my face was covered in bright red spots and it was continuously coming back as bad as ever. I was only 18 and felt i should have a much better face.

post-132345-1278193597_thumb.jpg

Then i did what everyone else does. Used every over-the-counter product i could find. Those of course kinda helped but i still was having major issues with bright inflammation and the pimples continuously reoccurring.

post-132345-1278193910_thumb.jpg

At the age of 20, i finally saw a dermatologist. She put me on a regimen of Cetaphil face wash morning and night, Benzaclin cream in the morning, Retin A Micro .04% at night and Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30 moisturizor 30min-1hr after Benzaclin put on.

Now, 3 months into the treatment my face has gotten severely better! Actually almost completely clear. I still break out in some pimples every now and then but they are always non-inflamed and go away with a day or two without scarring. Its been a blessed miracle for me. Now, my only spots that seem to have problems is on the edge of my lips but i can deal with that!

post-132345-1278193819_thumb.jpg

post-132345-1278193831_thumb.jpg

post-132345-1278193848_thumb.jpg

post-132345-1278193597_thumb.jpg

post-132345-1278193819_thumb.jpg

post-132345-1278193831_thumb.jpg

post-132345-1278193848_thumb.jpg

post-132345-1278193910_thumb.jpg

Edited by HandyAndy

i guess i should have mentioned that i'm about 3-1/2 months into this regimen of Cetaphil facial cleanser, benzaclin mornings and Retin-A nightly.

was there an initial breakout from the retin a? if so how long did it last for?

Edited by Fnix

Yes there was. Pretty much within a week or first using the Retin-A, i was breaking out on my nose and the upper corners of my forehead rather severely. HOWEVER, the pimples that appeared were not inflamed or hurt at all. I couldn't even feel them. So they just looked ugly ;p

That "breakout" pretty much subsided by the end of the first month for me (so like 2 weeks long type of thing), and so far its consistently gotten better all over my face.

I was just like most people, worried about breaking out worse than i already was. But after that first month, my skin texture started improving with less redness and pimples that appeared afterwards were so small you could barely notice them,