Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I came to the realization that we're spending way too much money and time on these products. I've been on BP 2.5% (Dan's) + AHA+ and Olay cleanser for about 3 years now. It's definitely helped, but now, I think I've outgrown the need to use it (I'm 18). So I stopped using it a few days ago. So far, nothing has happened. Olay facial cleanser + AHA (night only) has managed to keep my skin clear. I've also been taking cod liver oil for a couple months now. Perhaps the Vitamin A in the fish oil has been helping?

You might want to try easing yourself off BP and not just quitting cold turkey. I did that and a few days later I broke out like crazy.

Well, it's been about a week now. My chin is a little red in one area, I have a couple of tiny bumps, and I have had a pimple in between my eyebrow area. I don't know if it's coincidence or not. Maybe it's just from shaving.

well, see how this works for you. i remembered when i quit the regimen once, and i was 100% clear, skin was perfect for like 2 weeks, and then i broke out like crazy and it went wild until i finally started using BP again. give it some time and if you are still generally clear, congrats! you've found another way to fight your acne.

I woudlnt quit using BP. If it has helped keep your skin clear all this time. TRUST ME- I made the mistake tWICE in my lifetime and I hate myself for being so naive and stupid.

You will break out maybe twice as bad and you will regret it. Don't use it everyday if you wish, every other day is good.

REMEMBER- there is no cure for acne! You gotta stick with the regimen that works for your skin til the end of time....or until they do find a cure for acne! Keep it under control~! :dry:

When I first started using the Olay wash instead of my Neutrogena bar soap, I saw a dramatic difference anyway. I'll update in a couple days.

Well, looks like it's time to buy more BP. :( My chin is still red, my skin is very oily, and I have more tiny bumps. I guess I still need it.