Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had moderate cystic acne for the last three or four years and i am currently 18 years old. In the last 6 weeks it has got slightly more severe to the point where it had begun to affect my self confidence. I am also going backpacking in 8 weeks, so i am trying to get my acne under control before then.

Anyways, I went to the doctor and was prescribed:

Differin 0.1% Gel

Apply once a day before sleep.

Eryacne 2% Gel

Twice a day.

25 Doxycycline Capsules

One Capsule a Day

Anyways, my main problem is I am only 4 days into the treatments and I have broken out the worst I ever have. I have been reading about differin and have read a lot about an IB, but because mine is happening so soon could this mean that in three weeks time my acne will be even worse? As it seems as though normally people break out after a 10 day period. However i guess everyone is different? I am hoping that because I am breaking out so early that it might only take a couple of weeks before i get clear skin? of is this wishful thinking? I am also having a lot of mental trouble after years of slopping on over the counter products onto my face, with now only putting very small amounts of cream on my face haha.

Anyways, has anyone else had any luck with using these 3 products at once?