Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I'm a 17 year old boy who has suffered of acne for almost a year now.

My diet doesn't seem to work, so I'll post it here and see what you guys has to say about it.

I'm not actually trying to follow a specific diet, I'm just trying to stay "healthy".

# Breakfast

Cup of tea (I eliminated the coffee since I heard it was bad)

Glas of water (Good to clean the body, also to sink in the Fish Oil tablets I'm taking)

Glas of juice (Heard C Vitamines were good)

1-3 slices of bread (Mainly french bread or some of that kind)

# Lunch

Most often some kind of either chicken/rice or pasta/meat.

2-3 Glas of water

# Dinner

Most often some kind of meat.

Since it's summer, I do barbeque some. Hot dogs/Hamburgers and other kinds of meat.

# Extra

I try to drink as much water as possible. Like when watching TV, sitting on the computer etc

I'm trying to drink about 6 L of water per day togheter with about 2-3 apples/pears/bananas per day. I've given up all candy/potato chips/ice creams/milk.

----------------

Well, the problem might be the meat I eat?

What should I take else if that's bad?

Please, feel free to come with suggestions.

Edited by Nicolas17

You'll probably be pointed out most for the bread, juice, and the less healthy choices of meat like hotdogs. A lot of people here have problems with bread. Juice is known to spike blood sugar which results in acne, I'd just stick with water. You can get vit C from food or a supplement. Zinc is another good one for acne.

Edited by InquisitiveCreature

Well, the problem might be the meat I eat?

Yep, that's exactly it. Not enough meat. Too much SUGAR! 3 pieces of fruit a day PLUS bread PLUS juice and possibly rice / pasta? Good lord. If I was a pimple i'd love you.

Try eating vegetables, and don't be afraid of meat and fat. Eat REAL FOOD basically and avoid the empty white garbage. Most importantly, read through this forum.

Best of luck!

Well it seems you're off to a good start. My recommendations would be to try to switch to whole wheat/rye bread if you can, since it has more fiber and will keep you filling fuller longer. Switching to whole wheat pasta will accomplish the same thing. Also, if you eat an orange for breakfast instead of drinking the juice, it'll be better for you. I'm not against fruit juice though-I just think the raw fruit will have more fiber in it (and oranges can break some people out, so it's best to experiment with that a little) Make sure the fruit juice you drink is 100% juice and doesn't have added sugar or artificial sweeteners in it. Ocean Spray makes some good juices. You might also want to switch to brown rice if you're having white rice-the brown rice, again, has more fiber and will keep you feeling full. As for the meat, ideally it should be salmon or chicken, but the odd hamburger or hot dog should be ok to eat. You're ok with fruit too, imo. Although I've heard some people can break out from having more than 1 banana a day. But test it out for yourself-go a day without eating them and see if your skin gets better. You could be ok with them.

As for vegetables, yeah you could start adding some more to your diet. Baby carrots, sugar snap peas, sweet potato fries, broccoli (cooked for 10 mins with a bit of salt), and celery are good places to start. I wouldn't eat potatoes so much as they tend to cause breakouts in some people. Also, if you have a good tomato sauce with your spaghetti, that'll give you more Vitamin A and will help your skin (I personally don't like eating tomatoes raw so I think of the tomato sauce as a serving of vegetables :) )

Good for you for drinking more water. That'll definitely help hydrate you and flush out the bad stuff from your body.

Keep in mind that it can take a few months to see skin improvement with diet changes. Just be patient with it and your skin will reap the benefits.

"Good for you for drinking more water. That'll definitely help hydrate you and flush out the bad stuff from your body."

why only the 'bad stuff'?

Edited by soosyv

Oh I get it, h2o somehow discriminates against the 'bad stuff' by flushing it out easier than the 'good stuff'. First, I need to learn why we drink water... sorry, i am too stupid to know anything.

Nicolas17, drink when you are thirsty or whenever you want to. But one can only stress that you don't be invasive with it.

Edited by soosyv

Ok you try good. But your misinformed.

Bread is not good for you. It almost doesnt have any nutrients. It has anti nutrients which bind with other nutrions so you get defiecincys. It has lectins which screw with the lining of the gut cells which causes leaky gut (little holes where foods can pass trew before they should) this can cause to sirious health problems later on. And the fiber in it isnt really that good. And this is not speaking about yeast and gluten sensitivitys that a huge part of the population has. Also high in carb which is bad.

Juice is high in carbs. It has less nutrients than if you would make it yourself. Some are lost in processing. Fiber is lost. Which makes it easier to absorb the sugar. Fructose triggers insuline which triggers fat. Btw fructose gets sent to the liver for almost 100% and can cause liver problems just like alcohol.

Eat veggies!!! You need those. It is way more nutrient dense and has almost no carbs this is better.

Eat a lot of meat and try to get fish. Fish is good for you AND FOR YOUR ACNE. it has omega 3 fatty acids. (a 2:1 omega 6:omega 3 ratio is best and helps with acne) , its anti inflamatory and contain vitamin B's which also are good for acne.

Meat is good, it has fats, saturated fats which are great energy sources. Hamburgers and hot dogs arent so well however. You should go for stakes and less processed meat.

So what should you eat: A lot of meat/fish , veggies, fruits , nuts (i dont know could be bad for acne, is healthy though), EGGS (greatest food on earth, they are nutrious, easy to eat and pretty cheap).

What should you avoid: bread, soda and other candy, processed foods, vegatable oils (bad omega ratio - bad for acne) , starchy tubers like potatoes.

Why: you want more fat and protein and less carbs. You want more nutrients.

Thanks a lot to everyone for the help.

I clearly see I've been very misinformed as someone just meantioned so I'm glad you gave me some advice.

I'll surely start to eat more veggys, eggs, fish since I barely eat that.

And I'll stay off the bread and juice.

Do you got some advice what I should eat during breakfast instead of the bread?

Maybe porridge could be a good choice?

And/or wheat/rye bread?

Thanks once again for the help,

Nicolas.

Oh I get it, h2o somehow discriminates against the 'bad stuff' by flushing it out easier than the 'good stuff'. First, I need to learn why we drink water... sorry, i am too stupid to know anything.

Nicolas17, drink when you are thirsty or whenever you want to. But one can only stress that you don't be invasive with it.

Sometimes it's worth it so flush out some of the good stuff if you have more toxins and bad stuff that need to be removed...this is just my opinion especially for my body

I clearly see I've been very misinformed as someone just meantioned so I'm glad you gave me some advice.

And/or wheat/rye bread?

Nicolas.

Gluten free oats are okay. Quinoa is okay for breakfast I've heard. You can even make pancakes from GF oats if you want to mix it up and top them with nut butter or something. Uhh eggs is usually what I eat for breakfast with a bunch of veggies. Just make a giant stir fry with veggies (don't overcook) and then pour a bunch of eggs (maybe scrambled with a little milk, parsley) over it all and then cook until done. Spinach, tomatoes, onions, garlic works very well in this. Yes I do eat this for breakfast.

And/or wheat/rye bread?

Nicolas.

Breakfast: Eggs , tomatos , some easy to eat veggies like spinash cumcumber cabbage carrots etc , green smoothies, fish like salmon , rice. I moslty do eggs tomatos and onion, Im still changing my diet. I would like to go for some fish , eggs, some veggies but my parents are already raising their eyebrows enough.. I guess there are way more things you could take. You could take some fruit or meat if you want. It doesnt really matter when you eat what. Just do where your confertable with.

You could take sprouted bread or something like that. But still why would you if you can eat things like eggs :D

Im just over the worst part of sugar cravings i think. Ive been really irritable last 4 days since i went pretty cold turkey with carbs.

ps. garlic is great like chey mentiones above, also you could try getting raw milk (you could drink this , not only add to other foods) or coconut milk (to add to your eggs or something) . Stay of soy!! (Infertallity manboobs etc its the worst food there is even the unprocessed soy beans)

Edited by joris

hi:)

For breakfast I think you should definitely eat this cereal called FIBER ONE. you can get at any local supermarket. The original has 57% daily value of fiber and no fat at all.

grannysmith green apples are really good too. 20% of dietary fiber and only 80cals. Fills you up as well.

Cold water is boosts up your metabolism... but idk if that's a myth. lol

I know green tea increases your metabolism though.

hope this helped you out a bit... hehe

hi:)

For breakfast I think you should definitely eat this cereal called FIBER ONE. you can get at any local supermarket. The original has 57% daily value of fiber and no fat at all.

grannysmith green apples are really good too. 20% of dietary fiber and only 80cals. Fills you up as well.

Cold water is boosts up your metabolism... but idk if that's a myth. lol

I know green tea increases your metabolism though.

hope this helped you out a bit... hehe

Oh god forbid. Please don't eat fiber one...huge advertisement scam. Drinking warm water aids in digestion...drinking cold water does the opposite.

cold water does the opposite indeed. Your stomache needs to be a certain temperature to let the acids work. If you drink to much cold water it will screw it up and you cant digest as well.

Dont eat the cereals they are bad, no fat but carbs , processed etc. Granny smith apples are a good applebrand.

Alright guys, so this was my breakfast today:

1 Glas of water

1 Bowl of oat meal with some cinnamon on (+ 1DL milk)

1 Cup of tea (Lipton lemon tea)

1 Egg with some caviar on (Kalles Kaviar)

How's that? I'm wondering about the Tea, it might have some added sugar?

(I myself doesn't add no extra sugar to it)

And the bowl of oat meal, is cinnamon good? I thought read that it was pretty good somewhere.

Also I've heard that milk is bad, but taking 1 DL milk/day, would it actually be that bad? If so, is there anything else I can take to the oat meal besides milk?

And hows caviar on the egg, is it good or bad?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas.

1 Glas of water

And the bowl of oat meal, is cinnamon good? I thought read that it was pretty good somewhere.

Also I've heard that milk is bad, but taking 1 DL milk/day, would it actually be that bad? If so, is there anything else I can take to the oat meal besides milk?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas.

Do you mean you cooked the oatmeal in milk? I cook mine in water & do you use gluten free oats? They might be worth looking for. Cinnamon is great especially as an antifungal. I wouldn't force yourself to drink a certain, measured amount of water or tea...just drink some and don't record it. Is the tea out of a bottle? You should make hot tea instead because if it's out of a bottle it's basically hot tea with a ton of sugar + who knows what else. I have no experience in the caviar field...eggs are good but try to get them from an organic grower...this helps tremendously and they are probably easier to find than organic meat. What kind of milk are you using also? Whole, skim??? I'd just stick to non-dairy if you can.

When I was in Greece for over a month I became 100% clear even tho I was eating omelettes in the morning (eggs usually cause rashes on my neck), and french fries with practically any meal, a lot of olive oil, vinegar, meets of any sort (red meat, chicken, etc.), a beer with every dinner (usually causes my skin to feel tired, become oily, and breakout), and white bread with every meal (often as much as half of a loaf). I was also often eating ice cream during the day. I even had pasta a few times at dinner with meat and usually pasta makes my face oilier. I was also walking a lot more, often uphills and getting exhausted as a result (a good thing).

I was 100% clear, for weeks. That never happens!

So basically, I was able to eat ANYTHING that would normally would break me out.

The only difference I had during that time was: reduced masturbation (once a week at most, and not for very long periods of time), good nights of sleep, and a lot of sun daily. I didn't even swim often at all so it wasn't the salt water.

Sleep. Sun. Less masturbation. Normal physical activity for a human being. Eat anything I wanted. That is what cured my acne. As soon as I started losing sleep in my last sleep due to long bus travels and sleeping at the airport, and now that I'm back home, my face is 100% as it was before I left, and once again the same foods have started breaking me out again.

If I continued to live in Greece, I would still be clear right now.

When I was in Greece for over a month I became 100% clear even tho I was eating omelettes in the morning (eggs usually cause rashes on my neck), and french fries with practically any meal, a lot of olive oil, vinegar, meets of any sort (red meat, chicken, etc.), a beer with every dinner (usually causes my skin to feel tired, become oily, and breakout), and white bread with every meal (often as much as half of a loaf). I was also often eating ice cream during the day. I even had pasta a few times at dinner with meat and usually pasta makes my face oilier. I was also walking a lot more, often uphills and getting exhausted as a result (a good thing).

I was 100% clear, for weeks. That never happens!

So basically, I was able to eat ANYTHING that would normally would break me out.

The only difference I had during that time was: reduced masturbation (once a week at most, and not for very long periods of time), good nights of sleep, and a lot of sun daily. I didn't even swim often at all so it wasn't the salt water.

Sleep. Sun. Less masturbation. Normal physical activity for a human being. Eat anything I wanted. That is what cured my acne. As soon as I started losing sleep in my last sleep due to long bus travels and sleeping at the airport, and now that I'm back home, my face is 100% as it was before I left, and once again the same foods have started breaking me out again.

If I continued to live in Greece, I would still be clear right now.

Not to mention the food was probably better quality but hey who knows

1 Glas of water

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas.

Do you mean you cooked the oatmeal in milk? I cook mine in water & do you use gluten free oats? They might be worth looking for. Cinnamon is great especially as an antifungal. I wouldn't force yourself to drink a certain, measured amount of water or tea...just drink some and don't record it. Is the tea out of a bottle? You should make hot tea instead because if it's out of a bottle it's basically hot tea with a ton of sugar + who knows what else. I have no experience in the caviar field...eggs are good but try to get them from an organic grower...this helps tremendously and they are probably easier to find than organic meat. What kind of milk are you using also? Whole, skim??? I'd just stick to non-dairy if you can.

I cooked the oat meal in water, and added 0.5/1 DL milk to make it less dry and then some cinnamon on the top of it. No I didn't use gluten free oats, using the regular. It's tap water not from a bottle, so I tap up some water in a cup and in to the microwave for a minute. It's regular milk that I use on the oat meal, but alright. So gluten free items are a lot better to use?

Thanks,

Nicolas.

So I was at the store today and I couldn't seem to find any rye bread but I found wheat.

The wheat one says it's milk-free which seems good. Here's some information about it:

Energi 1000kJ (250 kcal)

Protein 8,5g

Carbohydrate 48g

Fat 3,0g

Dietary fiber 3,9g

Natrium 0,3g

Some of you may know these. This is how they look like sprakmy.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/vetekaka.jpg

So, good or bad?

They are incredible good so I wonder if they're actually good for me to eat :P

Although it is wheat, which someone said was good here.

If someone from Sweden know some "rye brand" bread here, feel free to let me know and I'll try it out.

Edited by Nicolas17