Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
testingthewaters

Questions anyone considering Fraxel should think about

I'm considering Fraxel Restore but have real concerns regarding some of the horror stories I have read.

There seems to be a large diversity of results ranging from good to no difference to permanently damaged skin.

My questions are as follows particularly to those that have had Fraxel Restore done a while ago:

1. Does Fraxel Restore dry out your skin long term (similar to burns victims)? Has anyone experienced permanent dry skin following Fraxel procedures leading to premature aging?

2. Has anyone reported any needle puncture like permanent scars as a result of Fraxel?

3. Does Fraxel Restore destroy hair follicles required for growing facial hair?

4. What is the biggest contributor to the diversity of Fraxel outcomes having heard everything from excellent results to no results to permanent damage?

5. Is there any DNA damage to skin cells?

Thank you very much, I'm sure theses are questions that anyone contemplating Fraxel would appreciate finding out about.

I'm considering Fraxel Restore but have real concerns regarding some of the horror stories I have read.

There seems to be a large diversity of results ranging from good to no difference to permanently damaged skin.

My questions are as follows particularly to those that have had Fraxel Restore done a while ago:

1. Does Fraxel Restore dry out your skin long term (similar to burns victims)? Has anyone experienced permanent dry skin following Fraxel procedures leading to premature aging?

2. Has anyone reported any needle puncture like permanent scars as a result of Fraxel?

4. What is the biggest contributor to the diversity of Fraxel outcomes having heard everything from excellent results to no results to permanent damage?

Thank you very much, I'm sure theses are questions that anyone contemplating Fraxel would appreciate finding out about.

Fraxel did not destroy hair follicles in my case. I suffered damage to the skin in the way of dry skin, sagging, needle pucture marks all over my face, deep grooves and lines, thinning of the skin, premature aging within 2yrs of procedure and stretch marks on my face within a year.

I don't know why there is such negativity about Fraxel Restore.

My background is what no one would ever want to go through although I know a lot of you have gone through the same. I had cystic acne from my teen years up until my early forties! I went through 2 rounds of acutane during that time and even that didn't really work. Talk about having low self esteem for most of your life.

My scars are rolling on my temples and deep on my cheeks from the injections to rid the cystic acne. It was awful!

I finally decided to see a dermatologist to see what was available to finally get rid of the scars. He recommended I see one of the best Fraxel doctors around, who is in NY city which isn't too far for me, I'm in Connecticut.

He suggested I try the Fraxel Restore and I just finished my 5th round. To say I am happy with the results would be an understatement. I couldn't be happier. The scars aren't totally gone which I didn't expect, but they are at least 60%-70% diminished.

The first couple of visits were fairly low settings and as we went on, the sessions got more aggressive.

All I can say is see a dermatologist that specializes in this procedure. I read about these people that go to a med spa and aren't happy with the results.

Going in, I said to myself that I wanted to go to the best and would pay anything to make me feel better about myself. Well, it did cost me a lot of money, but I feel like a new person!

Sorry for going on there. To answer some of your questions.....

Fraxel does dry out your skin but only for the first week or so then it becomes back to normal.

I don't think Fraxel destroys any hair follicles because I still have to shave every day.

Hope I was of some help!!

YEs to Questions 1 and 2 and maybe 5 it has happened to me

B carefull