Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White

My botchla regimen

Ive been using proactiv for like over a month, probably close to 2 now. it got me clear a few years back, but hasnt done the trick this time. I want to stick with it but i havent used it since yesterday morning.

So today i decided to try botchlas again which got me very clear.

Im debating bewteen the C n C blackhead scrub and the C n C advantage acne cleanser. both have 2%SA but the scrub is alot more gentle.

July 28th 2004

Morning -

1.C n C Blackhead scrub/ C n C continuous control acne cleanser

2. Apply proactiv BP or dans BP gel to trouble areas.

Evening - Same thing.

Im trying to work a toner in there somewhere, anyway i could do this? Im also thinking of doing the proactiv in the morning, and botchla at night.. or vice versa.. any suggestions?

July 29th day 2.

Heres what i did today.

Morning, i did botchlas.

1. C n C blackhead clearing scrub

2. C n C acne cleanser

3. Put extra BP on trouble area (switch between dans and proactiv bp)

Evening -

1. C n C Blackhead clearing scrub

2. Proactiv Toner

3. Dans BP Gel

4. Moisturize

Im really liking this combo right now. I get the benefits of the 10% wash in the morning, without a lot of hassle and at night i get the benefits of dans gel, plus a toner to remove dead skin.

So currently im packing Glycolic acid, Salicylic Acid, And Benzoyl Peroxide.

Yesterday I had a breakout along my left temple, it looks so wierd its like a line of zits going down, like if i played connect the dots it would be a straight line. lol -_-

However it is drying up quick.

2 weeks ago i had the worst breakout of my life on my left cheek, of all areas. It was like 4-5 nodule type zits, luckily they didnt reach their full potential since i launched an onslaught of Manuka/Emu right when i noticed them, but BP when the oils dried plus queen helenes mint julepe masque at night.

However right now they are purple colored marks, not irritated or big but its like someone took a magic marker and dotted my face in 5 places. So i need exfoliation. I think that in about 2-3 weeks time they will be faded away greatly.

July 30th 2004, day 3

Did the same thing, Botchlas in the morning and dans at night.. however i did use proactivs BP.

My left cheek is definetly calming down and clearing.. red marks are still very visible.

July 31st 2004, day 4.

Morning - Botchlas

Evening - C n C blackhead scrub/proactiv toner/proactiv BP

Right now i have roughly 9 active pimples. I cant believe it got this bad. Im only on day 4 of this new regimen. ive been drinking alot of water (just like i have been for the past 6 months). My face is not really dry, or peeling or red or irritated at all. Im still debating wether im going to stick with the proactiv BP or if i should switch to dans.

Im liking the proactiv better because its not as drying and im just used to using it..however dans BP seems to show more promise. I will wait till my current bottle runs around, it should last a couple more weeks, MAX. By then I should be seeing at least some improvement.

I havent been picking or popping which is a good thing, i suppose. Other then that nothing to report.

use BP for your inflamed areas, because SA doesn't really kill the bacteria. so it's good to stick with the BP than the SA.

August 1st, 2004, day 5

Did the same regimen today as usual.

I have what looks like 2 red zit/blemish things that emerged over an old red mark. They became inflamed over night.. ive been treating with manuka oil and globs of BP.

Also spot treating old spots with extra bp.

On the bright side my mom and i totally cleaned up the bathroom today, getting rid of all the old junk.. and i now get the ENTIRE medicine cabinet for all my products lol.

Currently i have 3 face washes, 2 toners, 4 moisturizers, 2 kinds of BP, 3 different spot treaters, plus like a couple items to fade red marks.

July 29th day 2.

Heres what i did today.

Morning, i did botchlas.

1. C n C blackhead clearing scrub

2. C n C acne cleanser

3. Put extra BP on trouble area (switch between dans and proactiv bp)

Evening -

1. C n C Blackhead clearing scrub

2. Proactiv Toner

3. Dans BP Gel

4. Moisturize

Im really liking this combo right now. I get the benefits of the 10% wash in the morning, without a lot of hassle and at night i get the benefits of dans gel, plus a toner to remove dead skin.

So currently im packing Glycolic acid, Salicylic Acid, And Benzoyl Peroxide.

Yesterday I had a breakout along my left temple, it looks so wierd its like a line of zits going down, like if i played connect the dots it would be a straight line. lol -_-

However it is drying up quick.

2 weeks ago i had the worst breakout of my life on my left cheek, of all areas. It was like 4-5 nodule type zits, luckily they didnt reach their full potential since i launched an onslaught of Manuka/Emu right when i noticed them, but BP when the oils dried plus queen helenes mint julepe masque at night.

However right now they are purple colored marks, not irritated or big but its like someone took a magic marker and dotted my face in 5 places. So i need exfoliation. I think that in about 2-3 weeks time they will be faded away greatly.

Hey

I have a regimen similar to yours, though I've found that glycolic acid makes me break out more frequently where the bumps are redder and bigger than usual. Even though it did cause the bumps to leave quicker than usual, it was also the reason why they were there. <_<

And about the Queen Helene Masque you used...

Is that the first time you used the masque? What does it do? Does it reduce oil? pimple size? And where did you get it?

August 2nd, 2004 Day 6

Ok well my left cheek is calming down alot, however there 3 active spots right now. 2 of them are right next to eachother and the 3rd if higher up on my cheek. This coupled with older redmarks looks kinda bad. I have a feeling they will be gone/died by the end of the week.

My right side is looking very good, only 1 spot inbetween my mouth and jawline..however one of those little skin colored bumps seems to have become inflamed. My forehead is clear accept for 1 spot which is drying up fast. So i roughly have about 5 active spots right now, not too bad.

Its day 6 so tomorrow i will have completed my first week of this regimen. No dryness, no redness, no irritation or anything. Tonight i upped the BP and put quite a bit on. Im going to glob even more on active spots later and then put queen helenes on the spots before bed.

And to mech, ive used the masque for months now.. although lately ive only used to spot treat. It helps to dry up pimples and you will probably get breakouts from using the mask the first couple times because it draws out the junk in your skin. I got it at walmart.

August 3rd 2004 Day 7

This morning i did the usual botchla regimen. Ive been spot treating with emu/manuka oil all day which has diminished some of the blemishes on my left cheek.

In the afternoon i used the proactiv toner.

Tonight i subsituted a new wash ive had for awhile. Its called California North Gelskin Wash which can be found here http://www.menessentials.com/brands/cn/gelskin_wash.html

I followed with proactiv toner and then proactiv BP.

Going to add some extra BP to trouble spots and then put queen helenes masque on the trouble areas.

Its been 1 week now and ive seen some improvement. I expect to see more and more as the week continues, we'll see how it goes.

August 4th Day 8

Well i flipped some things around in my regimen today.

In the morning i did botchlas as well, and in the evening i threw out my old regimen and decided to do botchlas again.

So its looking like this.

Morning - Botchlas regimen

Afternoon - Proactiv toner to pick up accumulated oil and debris from the day

Evening - Bitchlas regimen

I am also spot treating with extra bp on trouble spots as well as emu/manuka if its needed. At night i spot treat with queen helenes.

Thats it for now, much simpler. The clearest ive ever been in the past year has been from using botchlas regimen so im expecting it to work its charm once again.

August 5th Day 9

Did my regimen as usualy, botchla morning and night and proactiv toner in the afternoon.

Well no new breakouts (thank God), i had 3 whitehead which are now gone.. but on my left cheek theres still DEEP red marks ugh. I feel so shitty. Trying to stay positive... i can tell that this regimen is clearing me up, but its the old red marks that are making me so pissed off.

I already want to try and add some extra exfoliation but im afraid ill break out. Sigh.

I over spot treated today and used WAY too much manuka/emu oil and bp. The skin around the acne is kind of irritated now (which makes it look that much WORSE) plus theres dry skin there too. Im definetly easing up off of the manuka and emu and will not use it on any of these old zits.

I have a digi cam but im not too fond of taking pictures....maybe i will tomorrow and ill post them in the gallery..something to give me an idea of where im at now, and where i am a month from now.

August 6th 2004, Day 10

Face is looking so much better. I bought this very expensive moisturizer awhile back, used it for a big but since i was on proactiv at the time it dried my face too much.

However now that im on botchlas it works GREAT. It has 2% glycolic acid in it so it helps exofliate ALOT.

Heres my regimen now..

Morning

- C n C Black Head clearing scrub

- C n C acne cleanser

-Spot treat any problem areas with Dans BP gel.. (i stopped using the proactiv BP.)

- California North Action moisturizer (2% glycolic)

Afternoon

-Proactiv Toner

Evening

- Same as morning, botchlas then spot treat with dans gel and then the new moisturizer.

My red marks are fading significantly. I have 2 small spots on my right cheek but i dont see them turning into anything. My left cheek is looking alot better (still horrible in my eyes) but its getting back to normal. I think i will reach my goal of clarity by the end of the month!

August 7th/8th Days 11 and 12

Lost my internet for the weekend.

Basically did the same thing, red marks are diminishing, minor breakouts. Nothing big time or unusual.

August 9th, 2004 day 13

Well not much new to report. I DID go to the tanning beds today. Right now i have maybe 2-3 active spots. Nothing too bad. Did my same regimen as usual.. no new changes. Going to be spot treating with some extra BP and then queen helenes tonight.

August 10th 2004, day 14

Well its the 2 week mark, and i have had VAST improvement.

I popped 2 whiteheads sleep.gif. I know i shouldnt but i couldnt help it. Either way they are gone now and healing rapidly.

Regimen as usualy, however i decided to mask tonight with queen helenes mint julepe masque. I think i will start masking 3 times a week to draw everything out of my skin. My days are going to be tuesday,thursday, and sunday.

August 11th, 2004 Day 15

Well the last couple of days i have been using a moisturizer after the regimen. The moisturizer hasnt broken me out (i used it for awhile a few months ago and it didnt break me out either) it has 2% glycolic acid. Its by California North..called the Action moisturizer... it can be found here http://menessentials.com/brands/cn/action_moisturizer.html

Its expensive but lasts forever and is definetly well worth it. Seems to have helped fade red marks.

No new breakouts to report, however my upper right cheek seems to have alot of those small colorless bumps... they must have emerged recently. it may have to do with the action moisturizer... is that a sign that the moisturizer is clogging my pores? If so.. well that sucks.. ill have to just use it as a body moisturizer (which is fine).

Im going to stop using the moisturizer for awhile and see if i can get rid of them. I really shouldnt be adding too much stuff into this regimen. Im going to stick with the basics for now, however i have still been using the proactiv toner in the afternoon, and it like it. It refreshes me and gets rid of midday dirt and oil.

The one thing i really want to get is a exfoliater of some kind. I do have mandelic acid, but im fearful it will break me out (i think it did before) but it DID work in fading marks nicely. Perhaps i will test it out on a couple spots. Otherwise i may invest in some lactic acid from puredeming.com.

Well luckily i dont have any active spots right now, well a small red zit that will emerge into a head on my chin (no big deal) and a possible small spot on my right cheek, but its right next to an old red mark so it wil look worse if it emerges with force.

Other then that everything is going good. Hopefully 2 weeks from now i will be clear!

August 12th, 2004 Day 16

Alright i cut out the California North Moisturizer. Im going to keep it simple, just how botchla recommended it and the same way it kept me clear before.

Today i did the regimen as usual, morning and night.. also used proactiv toner in the afternoon. Other then that ive just been spot treating with extra BP gel and some SA.

Tonight i will be spot treating with queen helenes mint julepe masque. Also, i decided against masking 3 times a week. Once a week is enough.

So heres how my regimen will be looking...

Morning - C n C Blackhead clearing Scrub/ C n C Acne cleanser

Night - C n C Blackhead clearing Scrub/ C n C Acne cleanser

Thats it. Just plain and simple. Will also spot treat and thats it.

My right side has broken out a bit it feels like... i have 2 sore spots.. 1 small and 1 a bit bigger. However i think ample spot treating tonight will take care of them both.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

August 13th 2004 Day 17

AM - Botchlas

PM - Botchlas

Thats it really. I DID use my california North gelskin wash (which rules) after my workout and before my PM C n C cleansers. basically just added a 3rd cleanser to the regimen tonight. It really helps to break up deadskin and dirt and oil on the surface. I think its a very good prep for the medicated C n C cleansers, allowing the SA and BP to penetrate that much deeper..

I will probably only use it on days i work out. Helps with the sweat.

Other then that ive been spot treating as usual, i have a spot emerging on my right cheek ugh... I really DONT want to break out the hydrocortizone because i dont like that stuff.. plus i hear it thins out your skin. So i will probably be putting on extra bp NOW, then adding on manuka/emu later tonight.

August 14th 2004, day 18

Am - Both Cleansers

PM - Both Cleansers

This evening at like 5 o clock i used the BP cleanser because my face felt dirty. This combo doesnt dry out my face at all, using it a 3rd time today didnt dry me out either so i guess its ok, my face can handle it...

I dont think im gonna do that again, but i think washing at 9am and washing again at like 10pm is too much of a stretch without cleaning my face.

Spot treating with extra bp, baxter razor bump repair and queen helene.

I have alot of redmarks, ugh. I ordered some new products which should arrive soon.

So far im havent been clearing on botchlas, i mean its been close to 3 weeks now.... hrm, im going to stick with it until the end of the month before i switch it up.

August 15th 2004, Day 19

Did the regimen as usual. Breaking out on my right cheek. This sucks. I am contemplating abandoning this regimen. It kept me quite clear before but right now my face is the worst its ever looked.

Im not sure how much longer i should give it...

August 16th 2004, day 21

Well today i did my morning regimen as usual using both cleansers.

Throughout the day i just spot treated with baxter razorbumo repair. It comes in a tube and is a spot treatment for ingrown hair and shaving irritation (bumps etc). but it also works quite well on spots. Its a mixture of glycolic,witch hazel, SA and maybe something else...dont remember exactly.

Well it seems to be working ok, it doesnt dry out the skin but it just sort of shrinks the spot. I like it.

Tonight i used an aspirin mask. HOLY SHIT my skin felt SOOOOO smooth. Smoother then it has in ages. I followed the mask with JUST the C n C acne cleanser. I didnt use the scrub because i figured that would be overkill.

I ALSO moisturized with neutrogena spf15 oil free moisturizer. Ive been using that for ages but stopped because i didnt think i needed it for botchlas regimen. Well it felt so wierd applying the moisturizer because it went on extremely smooth on my skin.

Right now theres 2 active spots on my left cheek, and 2 on my right cheek. Forehead is clear aside from a few tiny redmarks, barely noticeable and my chin is also clear besides a couple tiny spots that were popped. Just shaving whiteheads that come and go in a day.

My cheeks are my problem areas, the zits RARELY come to a head and are usually just painful red bumps. It sucks. Plus they always leave a deep red mark. However i have a solution for my redmarks...just around the corner!

August 17th 2004, Day 22

Did the usual morning regimen. This afternoon i washed my face with california north gelskin wash before my workout because i didnt want the bacteria on my face to mingle with the sweat and produce some big ass zits.

After my workout i took a nice shower and when i got out i rinsed my face real quick and applied the aspirin mask again (i couldnt resist i love it).

Then i used the c n c acne cleanser and moisturized with neutrogena spf 15. Also spot treated afterwards with baxter razor bump repair.

Later i will probably add a small amount of BP gel to the active zits, then queen helenes mint julepe mask to spot treat.

I think im finally clearing up!

such a complex regimen :-) glad you can keep up with it better then me! good luck on yours

dont know if youve tried this or want to but ive kept it quite simple:

AM:

Shower

CnC Blackhead Scrub (while in shower for easy wash off after 1 min)

^this seems to make my skin look very good for several hours atleast, the scrub seems to help my complexion an extremely large amount, hugely reduces redness, and makes my skin smoother and more vibrant!

PM:

Shower only if I did something physical or something and made me sweat a lot

CnC blackhead scrub, i cant resist my skin looks too good like immediately

Gobs of 2.5% BP

Dry, then sleep

this works well for me, but youve been around a while im sure youve seen plenty similar

to see my progress click teh link in my signature, it has before pics and 10 days into it (today is my 11th day on this regimen)