Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Efiome

Very red dry patches

I have very dry red patches around the top of my nose that extends below each eye. It feels like a different texture than other skin on my face. I have it no where else. Even if I moisturize it all it does it fade it. Once I wash my face, even if I try not to get anything on it, the redness is still very prevalent. I feel like it's some kind of chemical burn from washing my face a lot over the past few years. If I moisturize and not wash my face for a few days it starts to grow a new layer of skin but that layer easily peels off and it's back to looking like dry sunburn. I hope this isn't permanent. It's giving me social anxiety :ninja:

I had the same thing under my eyes some years ago, what cured it was "ELIDEL" ...it is a prescription though. I had eczema (atopic dermatitis; a skin disease that causes the skin to be dry and itchy and to sometimes develop red, scaly rashes)

I have very dry red patches around the top of my nose that extends below each eye. It feels like a different texture than other skin on my face. I have it no where else. Even if I moisturize it all it does it fade it. Once I wash my face, even if I try not to get anything on it, the redness is still very prevalent. I feel like it's some kind of chemical burn from washing my face a lot over the past few years. If I moisturize and not wash my face for a few days it starts to grow a new layer of skin but that layer easily peels off and it's back to looking like dry sunburn. I hope this isn't permanent. It's giving me social anxiety :ninja:

Did it eventually go away?