Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kat123

Just had Fraxel Re:Pair

I just had Re:Pair yesterday in NYC. My face has no more pin point bleeding, but is very swollen and red. I have been put on 3 diff oral meds by the derm, keflax prednisone and an antiviral drug. I am jsut wondering if anyone has had every taking predinsone for this procedure. It is to late to call the office. I have been reading some awfuol side effects of this drug.

I just had Re:Pair yesterday in NYC. My face has no more pin point bleeding, but is very swollen and red. I have been put on 3 diff oral meds by the derm, keflax prednisone and an antiviral drug. I am jsut wondering if anyone has had every taking predinsone for this procedure. It is to late to call the office. I have been reading some awfuol side effects of this drug.

oh how exciting. i hope your healing goes well.

what kind of scars do you have and any pics?

Dudley-Thank you, I understand he has me on keflaz to keep the chances of infection down. I dont understand the steriod. It must have something to do with inflammation. They did say not to take any NSAIDS. I have never been on any steroids and the side effects seem very unappealing.

Sidney- I am very excited I have a few pics that show some scarring that I might put up in the gallery or maybe in here if i can figuer it ou but the dont show that much. My scars go away for the most part when i smile. I have some rolling , a few shallow ice picks, scarred pores and some shallow boxcars. No of my scarring is deep. I had three profactionals with minimal results. If i gave a percentage maybe10%

post-92924-1278152136_thumb.jpg

post-92924-1278152179_thumb.jpg

post-92924-1278152136_thumb.jpg

post-92924-1278152179_thumb.jpg

Dudley-Thank you, I understand he has me on keflaz to keep the chances of infection down. I dont understand the steriod. It must have something to do with inflammation. They did say not to take any NSAIDS. I have never been on any steroids and the side effects seem very unappealing.

Sidney- I am very excited I have a few pics that show some scarring that I might put up in the gallery or maybe in here if i can figuer it ou but the dont show that much. My scars go away for the most part when i smile. I have some rolling , a few shallow ice picks, scarred pores and some shallow boxcars. No of my scarring is deep. I had three profactionals with minimal results. If i gave a percentage maybe10%

heya, i had a look at your pics and your scars arent bad at all. icompletely undertand you wanting ti fix them though. i have similar scarring (except more of them) and really think fraxel repair out of all the lasers shows the most potential. keen to see how it all goes for you. good luck with your healing :)

Thank you, like i said they look mild in that picture. But I admit they arent severe. That is why I am hoping one will be enough. I went to one of the best cosmetic derms in nyc. I will update pics probably once a month. I hate the down time, it has only been 36 hrs and i am bonkers already. I am extremely active usually so this stinks!!!

Best of luck to you! My scarring is similar to yours. Not considered severe, but annoying nonetheless, especially for us women. (or honestly, for anyone!)

I'm currently undergoing eMatrix RF (a.k.a. sublative rejuvenantion) as it has less downtime between treatments, but does require multiple procedures. I had my 1st treatment 2 weeks ago and am scheduled for the next treatment July 19th, 2010.

No one in my area does Fraxel Re:Pair, but if this doesn't show great results, I've looked at it as an option in the future.

I sincerely pray this works for you and you don't go too stir crazy "laying in"! I stocked up on books and NetFlix just in case!!

God Bless and keep updating!

Good luck with your treatment!!I am not familiar with ematrix. My derm said he was familiar with only 3 doctors in nyc using repair so it must be hard to find across the country. As for laying in I have about 10 bks to read but have trouble laying or sitting for too long.

Hey, taking pics in lighting like that isn't the best idea. When you are outside and the sun is shining directly in your face the scars usually fill in pretty well. Try taking picture from a place where lighting only comes from one direction (a window) and facing away from the window.

I have somewhat similiar scarring I think, some rolling, minor icepicks and generally quite shallow. I didn't have any improvement 4 months after 2 Deep FX treatments (comparable to repair). I hope you do get the results you seek.

Also, you look pretty fair. Prepare for long-lasting redness, not too bad for a woman because you can cover it up quite easily.

Edited by Ziko

Kat, you look like a happy person in those pictures ;) This should be day 3 for you and you will begin to see the swelling subside. Are you using Aquafor and vinegar soaks? I was also taking Hydroco/Apap 7.5-500 tab - generic for Lortab, and Alprazolam1 mg tab - generic for Xanax.

About day 4 or 5 you will be able to take a shower, and that will make you feel more like a human. I stopped the Aquaphor about day 4-5 and switched to Cetaphil Lotion. I used my facial ice packs a lot on the first few days.

I dont take pictures showcasing my scars. Those were candids that i feel are a true mirror. That is what i see when I look in the mirror. I am smiling so it does hide some of them. My other cheek is pretty much the same except I have a larger more irregular shaped one where I had some cyst action. I never had cystic acne but was alway prone to breakouts. I broke out pretty bad at 24 and it would not give . I went on accutane which left me with much more scarring and horrible texture. My acne did start to come back but not as bad. I get a break out once in awhile but manage through healthy living and the regimine. I feel like the whole window cast shadow picture thing is not a true representation either. It makes scars look worse.

As for my procedure I am only about 48 hrs post procedure. I am doing vinegar soaks and aquafor. I had it done Thurs 7/1 @1430 eastern time. At the office they gave me adivan a shot of demerol (i think) and a bunch of facial nerve blocks. I did feel some serious pain but was ok. I was high as a kite from whatever they gave me. I had a 2 1/2 hr ride home and drifting in and out of sleep with really strange dreams. I was also insisting on driving which I dont remeber. I had no pain killer sent home which is ok with me . I dont like taking serious painkillers and lortabs make me so nauseated.. I was sent home with keflex, predinsone, some antiviral thing and an antihistamine. My face is starting to itch a little and I can not wait to shower.

Edited by kat123

Hey Kat, thanx for sharing your experience.. I heard that Dr. Frank is really good but my question is does he do subcision???? I have super deep scars and im looking for a doctor that does both subcision and fraxel repair...anyways i hope u get good results.. thnx again :surprised:

He does perform subsc. although it is not on his website. I was interested in in for a large rolling scar on my other cheek. He didnt feel that subcision would make a difference and that Re:Pair was the way to go. You go to his site and email the office manager , she answered some questions prior to me booking a consult.

He does perform subsc. although it is not on his website. I was interested in in for a large rolling scar on my other cheek. He didnt feel that subcision would make a difference and that Re:Pair was the way to go. You go to his site and email the office manager , she answered some questions prior to me booking a consult.

Kat, day 3 and now the swelling should be subsiding. When you go back for your checkup ask at what levels you were treated. ie I was done at 70mj-60% each time. Your scars don't seem as bad as mine were so you may have been done at 50-60mj. Even with minimal scarring you may need additional lasers. You will not be able to see true results for about 3 months, so don't be fooled by microswelling and don't be disappointed if you need another laser or two. Your doctor will offer big discounts on subsequent treatments. Keep that happy smile going!!

The swelling has gone down quite a bit. I hate the aquaphor I am getting little whiteheads and can not wait to stop using it. The Dr told me he was using 50/60. I had some demerol and ativan so I dont remeber everything. I believe he said he was doing 5 passes over the scarred areas. I remeber that part hurting. He thinks I will get enough improvement that I wont need another but I dont believe him. I will just have to wait and see. He does offer them at an extreme reduction for the second time. In my post op pamphlet it says i can shower and stop aquaphor after 72hrs. I dont know if I should give it another day

I think I showered on the 4th day and felt human again. You will need a moisturizer when you stop the Aquaphor. My doctor had me use Cetaphil lotion and I was putting it one every time I got near the bathroom. I also had very dry eyes from the shields they placed under my eyelids so I used a lot of eyedrops. They may not have done your eyes, especially since you are younger than me. Most doctors say it will only take one treatment, but acne scars are tough buggers. It was the doctors on RealSelf who first made me realize that multiple treatments are most often required. The drug cocktail for my treatments were Demerol - Phenergan - Versed.

I think I showered on the 4th day and felt human again. You will need a moisturizer when you stop the Aquaphor. My doctor had me use Cetaphil lotion and I was putting it one every time I got near the bathroom. I also had very dry eyes from the shields they placed under my eyelids so I used a lot of eyedrops. They may not have done your eyes, especially since you are younger than me. Most doctors say it will only take one treatment, but acne scars are tough buggers. It was the doctors on RealSelf who first made me realize that multiple treatments are most often required. The drug cocktail for my treatments were Demerol - Phenergan - Versed.

dudley - does everyone have to use the aquaphor? if i ever got fraxel repair done id be tempted to use either neosporin or vaseline jelly because they dont break me out. if i broke out, it would counteract the whole treatment :(

Sydney-The breakouts the aquaphor has caused me are little whiteheads. The seem to resolve as quickly as they appear. To reapply the Aquaphor you do vinegar/water soaks to remove the previous residue. This seem to help unclog the whiteheads. I believe Aquaphor is just a thicher petroleum jelly/vaseline. So you might not have a problem.

Sydney-The breakouts the aquaphor has caused me are little whiteheads. The seem to resolve as quickly as they appear. To reapply the Aquaphor you do vinegar/water soaks to remove the previous residue. This seem to help unclog the whiteheads. I believe Aquaphor is just a thicher petroleum jelly/vaseline. So you might not have a problem.

oh i didnt know that at all. thanks for explaining :)

anyhoo hows your healing going?

My healing is going accordingly. It has been four days so I am stopping the aquafor. My face is still pretty red although it has calmed down a little. THere is some swelling too. Just 3 more days in a house...I can not wait to get out.