Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just ordered Proactiv from QVC today, and I wanted to know if anybody would mind telling me their experiance with it....

what does everyone think of it?

and any tips for using it?

Proactiv has kept me 99% clear in the 9 weeks I've used it so I'm a fan. Doesn't work for everyone but here are my tips:

- Use LOTS of their Repairing Lotion which is 2.5% BP. I can't stress that enough. If you are just starting on Benzoyl Peroxide use a small amount to start and work your way up but ignore what they say about a 'thin layer', you need much more to get clear eventually. Ensure you use it day and night - this is the key product in their range and really all you need. The other two steps are added bonuses. They're very important for exfoliation and avoiding future break outs, though. The toner helps with red marks too.

- Don't scrub with the Renewing Cleanser, be gentle with it. I use it twice a day now, but to start I'd recommend you use the cleanser once a day and the repairing lotion twice a day (use a gentle cleanser the other time you cleanse) until your skin is used to it.

- Moisturise a LOT, day and night (as BP makes your skin very dry) is what I recommend but if you prefer just once a day it's up to you. The Proactiv moisturiser is their worst product, don't bother with it. I use Eucerin Renewal AHA SPF 15 during the day 15 mins after I apply my Repairing Lotion and Jojoba Oil at night. I was using Neutrogena Oil Free which is great and Cetaphil is good also. As long as it's non comodogenic you'll be fine.

- Be gentle with your skin when using all products. I broke out a lot initially, as if everything has to come to the surface first. Now, I only deal with a few pimples during that time of the month.

If you need any advice, feel free to PM me. I have a regimen log on Proactiv too.