Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, I don't know how insane this comes off as being but I've read about people self-needling themselves here so it made me feel a little less desperate. I've had pretty bad cystic acne for years and have had some pretty bad scarring on my chin and forehead.

One day I was so desperate to get rid of some keloid (sp)? scarring that I used an empty glue gun to burn them off and guess what...it worked! It was only painful for a few seconds and I'm sure using some sort of numbing cream would work well. It actually smoothed down the area very well, leaving only some redness that fades and is much easier to cover with makeup. Right after I burn the area, I use a general, greasy ointment (bacitracin zinc and polymyxin b sulphate) which seems to keep it from scabbing over, or takes away scabs that have formed and may cause your skin to form the same bump that was there before.

Be forewarned, it can be a bit painful at first and you will have noticeable marks on your face that can't be covered by makeup for 4-8 days (depending on the amount of burnage) and I don't want to be responsible for any injuries so if you try this, only do it to keloids (raised scars) and please please please be careful. This worked for me but it may not work for you.

Hope this helps someone. :dance: