Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AG123

Quick Results If You..

Tried and tested for over 3 months - this does work.

Firstly, its not easy. I dont live in America so im quite lucky in that

we dont have the same "junk food market" with fast food restaurants

at every corner, i think for some it will be quite impossible to do it.

The Plan: Limited amount of Carbohydrates

You might be thinking Atkins? No, this is not Atkins. Atkins is quite dangerous

actually and demands constant restrictions of carbohydrates, this does not.

MONDAY-FRIDAY

20grams of carbohydrates or less - most of these should come from vegetables.

As much fat and protein as you want, but if you want to maintain your current weight

and not put on any pounds then you still have to eat your regular amount of calories.

SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Carbohydrate day. This is where you can eat as many carbs as you want. All the

junk food you desired over the weekday can be eaten now. Be sure to include some

fruit though as your probably lacking it in the weekday. Again eat as much as you like,

but if you dont want to add weight then make sure you dont go over your regular amount.

FOODS TO EAT ON SATURDAY-SUNDAY:

Anything really, satisfy your cravings

FOODS TO EAT ON MONDAY-FRIDAY:

Lean Fish, Lean Meat, Eggs, Cheese, Soy Milk, Vegetables, Nuts and Seeds, Protein Bar

WHY DOES IT WORK?

It stabilises your blood sugar throughout the week, your hormones are in complete balance, your body is not reliant on carbohydrates as the main source of energy and actually uses some fat - this is good for weight loss too. Also, without the normal amount of sugar in your diet you'll benefit again. Drinking lots of water with this is key as your protein intake is a little higher.

No one can do this non stop for a long time as its too demanding. Thats what the weekend is for, you satisfy your cravings. These 2 days will spike your blood sugar and ensure insulin is released and working correctly, release feel good chemicals and generally make you feel better.

Thats it, your skin, body, physique and mind will benefit.

During this i did not have a single breakout, not one pimple for over 3 months.

The key to Atkins is eating lots of fat. None of this lean crap. I know people who have been on atkins for decades and they are the healthiest people I know, it's very sustainable because it's the natural way of life.

That said, this diet isn't a bad idea for most people here. It'll still get results without a doubt.

yes but atkins idea is to substitute fat for carbs, this is not right as even if its healthy, too much fat is very bad for you, period.

the diet above has moderate amounts of fat, high protein, and low carb which is great.

end of the day it will improve your skin

yes but atkins idea is to substitute fat for carbs, this is not right as even if its healthy, too much fat is very bad for you, period.

the diet above has moderate amounts of fat, high protein, and low carb which is great.

end of the day it will improve your skin

I don't believe too much fat is bad for you at all. It's only bad because it's high in calories and people on a regular diet end up eating too much which = too many calories. This of course leads to obesity. Plus the junky processed fats add into that too.

This is like the anabolic diet.

Low carbs during week

High carbs weekend to refuel glycogen.

btw does it not matter what carbs you eat at weeekend in terms of acne? eg..pizza, bread, sugar versus oatmeal, brown rice.

Wouldnt 2 dyas of pizza and white bread and cocopops and milk cause acne more likely than a few bowls or rice, bananas and oatmeal?