Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

if you're just finishing up your first course of accutane (like me) how can you really get happy knowing there's a decent chance you could relapse?

I'll probably be done with my course in 3 weeks...but I just don't feel assured that it's not just going to eventually come back

I'm thinking, the next time I get a real pimple..I will just rush to a dermatologist and pressure for a second course since it is rare to relapse after a second course

Edited by karam

Um there is a 90% chance that you will not relapse? Isn't that reassuring enough? What do you expect? A guarantee? :rolleyes:

Btw it is pretty annoying when you spend your time replying to someones post and it is totally ignored. Get a grip!

Edited by sackyourboss

know that you can just go back on it?

another course?

low-dose maintenance?

apparently topicals are more effective as well after tane?

dont think about it?

I was one of those people who rushed back to the derm the second I got a zit asking for a 2nd course of accutane. :redface:

My derm calmed me down and reassured me that if I actually broke out again (as in, more than a zit) I could go back on accutane. Knowing that the option was available really helped me relax. I know there is a chance acne might come back, but I take care of my skin (wash twice a day, use oil-free products, etc.) and so far so good. Chin up!

I empathize with you about that. Unfortunately, peristant/adult acne is a very marginalized and overlooked medical condition. I'm about 6 weeks into my course of accutane and I'm wondering how my skin will react after I go off of it. The only thing that comforts me is the number. 90% go into remission after finishing the course. So that helps. I was on an antibiotic/ocp/retin a course prior to accutane that was working fairly well. So if I relapse, I will most likely go back on that before going back on accutane.