Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I am a 17 year old male and I've had a problem with acne for about three years. I have very, very oily skin and have tried several different washes and creams. Even if I wash my skin with a soap that dries my skin, an hour or so later my skin becomes extremely oily. I usually break out daily with new whiteheads and recently have gotten small bumps on the face. I'm curious if I should give this Regimen a try. If so, do you think I should order the BP cream off the site or should i just use an over-the-counter cream like Neutrogena? Thanks for the help.

I think you should give the regimen a try.

A couple of tips for ya...because your skin is super oily. Resist the urge to wash constantly. Astringent cleansers and overwashing seem to create a spike in oil production. Two short gentle face watches a day is plenty. Also adding a moisturiser in to your routine seems to asist yor skin in balancing out oil production.

as for bp - it is up for you.

Hey I'm an 18 year old guy I tried The Regimen and it worked great for me. I would say there was improvement after the first week already. I used Neutrogena 2.5%. I made a mistake though. I didn't use moisturizer after applying the BP and that made my skin too dry and became rough.

300ZX

After I washed my skin, applied the BP, and moisturized, the skin around my noise remained white and some parts of my face seemed to be white as well. Is this dead skin and what do i do with it?

Is it white residue from the BP?

The moisturizer I use (Eucerin Skin Renewal) takes care of anything... leftover residue, really dry skin.

Id suggest adding more moisturizer and see if it helps.

Hi and welcome. Yes, you should give it a try! It's relatively cheap (compared to Proactiv and other high-end brands).

I can tell you it worked for me. Unlike many of you, I never had teen acne. I got acne as an adult, possibly due to taking the Pill. I'm 39 now and have to fight zits and wrinkles!! lol.gif It had been minor for many years, but in the last several months it started getting worse. I found this site, and it works well.

I agree about using an oil-free moisturizer. I use the BP off this site because it's more economical than any other I've seen.

Good luck.

I've been on the Regimen for four or five days. I've had more whiteheads in the past two days than I've had before. Is this normal? Thanks for the help thus far, it has been really helpful.