Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phelpja

Please help, I just had a facial waxing

I hope somebody can help with some information as to what to do.

I have never had waxing before and my hairdresser suggensted I get my brows and upper lip waxed while getting a haircut today. So I agreed as I am clueless on these things.

As she is ripping off the wax strips, a recollection of not having waxing done while on Accutane floated through my mind....but I thought not much I can do at this point and it has been 5 weeks.

I can not tell you how red, bleeding, swollen and inflammed to the point of woozing my upper brow and lip is on one side of my face. I am so afraid of scarring now and of course have re-read the Accutane warnings I received 8 months ago. (Which has put me in a panic----how could I be so stupid?

Has anyone out there been through this? Should I go to a doctor tomorrow asap?

Any suggestions as to what to put on my skin to not further harm it. I have gently rinsed the area with cool water and put a thin layer of triple antibiotic ointment on at this point.

Thanks for any suggestions.

hi phelp! i have a friend that this happened to once. (she hadnt taken accutane, but has VERY sensitive skin) so the waxing did the same thing to her.. took a little time to heal, but it turned out just fine.. try not to worry, keep it clean an continue using triple anti biotic ointment, that stuff is great.

I've never been on accutane, but I'm on a topical so my skin is plenty dry and sensitive. I went to get my eyebrows waxed one day before I went on vacation, and that was an OOPS. The girl who did it was like, "WHOA. I've never seen anyone get as red as you do!" I was very red for a few days, and it was kind of embarrassing. After a few days, it kind of... dried up, and I was able to pull this scabby thing off. I assure you, I have NO scarring from it. Just keep applying an antibacterial ointment to it to prevent any infections! Good luck.