Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn

Question about oily skin and acne

My dermatologist says I should wash my face twice a day, once when I wake up before putting my first cream and once again before I go to sleep before I put the second cream. However, my skin gets oily pretty quickly, and by 3 or 4 PM my skin gets really oily/sweaty. I know my dermatologist said only twice a day, but I can't help it. I'm afraid that the sweat on my face will give me more acne so I wash my face with soap and water. Is there any other way to get rid of the sweat, without actually washing my face?

ya i'm really oily too, and i either use clean and clear oil absorbing sheets or toilet paper, to gently dab off the oil. it's not really sweat, even though it feels like it, so it doesn't warrant another washing. plus ur taking off the cream in the middle of the day that the derm perscribed, so then there is NOTHING fighting your acne between the afternoon washing and before you go to bed washing. and ur just making any acne more irritated with all the washing. and u said u were using soap to wash in the middle of the day, dont do that! use a gentle cleanser that is soap free, soap dries u out and irritates acne even more, plus it can leave a film that causes breakouts. just use the oil absorbing sheets whenever u need to in the day, if ur broke, toilet paper does the same for me and won't break u out at all. hope this helps

Edited by hopeless06