Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Constantly getting them on lips,they start off sore to the touch then the nexx day or so they turn into a whitehead,anyone know how to prevent or treat these,any help would be great thanks

Edited by markronan

Constantly getting them on lips,they start off sore to the touch then the nexx day or so they turn into a whitehead,anyone know how to prevent or treat these,any help would be great thanks

how do you make lip scrub

Carmex may worsen it due to the oil in it.

Really the only thing you can do is try to dry it out. Don't lick your lips, don't use lip balm, don't allow moisture to get to it. Just let it dry out. Once it dries out, they'll fade quickly.

When did you start getting them? Maybe you're using something that didn't agree with you causing the breakout? If you were a girl, I'd ask if you're using a new gloss/lipstick. But I'm assuming you're a guy, perhaps a new toothpaste / shaving cream / old razor?

I noticed that I sometimes get a blackhead in that area when I use a new gloss. I try to squeeze it out and if I don't get all the gunk out I end up with an infected blackhead.

go to doctor to make sure they aren't cold sores. toothpaste may help. Its difficult. I get blocked pores around my mouth but luckily most of the time they don't get infected. I feel toothpaste would be a good first thing to try? :shifty:

Agreed - toothpaste. Switch it up and see what happens. Also if you don't brush your teeth twice a day like you should be doing - then it can sorta not help the problem.

I find I get these when I start a new birth control pill...I'm pretty sure they are hormonal (at least in my case). Whatever you do: DON'T SQUEEZE THEM!!!! Trust me. I did this once and had a hideous mark on my lip for a week! The area is really sensitive.

I would try to dry it out with some tea tree oil or hydrogen peroxide. It should only take a few days.

Good luck!

go to doctor to make sure they aren't cold sores. toothpaste may help. Its difficult. I get blocked pores around my mouth but luckily most of the time they don't get infected. I feel toothpaste would be a good first thing to try? :shifty:

they are definitely not cold sores,ive always got the odd one or two but ive about five now and ive noticed i get more when my lips are dry so using chapstick gives me more so i cant do that and the toothpaste ive tried that,even one with no fluoride so thats not it...its like a cycle my problem area is now around my mouth and lips and the last three month it was my forehead...is there anything i can rub on my lipline to prevent them or tighten the pores

I get these a lot. The only thing that works for me is to lightly exfoliate my lip pimples with my (clean, no toothpaste on it) tooth brush after every time I brush my teeth, and generally around my mouth area where I would also get them. Just try lightly scrubbing it. It makes my lip pimples go away a lot faster and exfoliating all of your lips with your tooth brush make them a lot smoother. I don't need to treat them with anything else, maybe you will be different.

I hate them though because everyone does think they're a cold sore :(