Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPenn89

Whats Your Opinion On Treatments?

Hey My Name Is James, Im New To The Board Well Actually I've Been Reading Posts On This Site Since I Was 16 (Im Now 21) But Finally Decided To Start Posting. I Had Really Horrible Acne As A Teen And Now Its Pretty Much Winded Down Now, But Im Left With These God Awful Scars..Im Currently Derma Rolling...No Results Yet, But Hopeful...I Have Some Deep Ice Pick Scarring Im Not To Sure How To Get Rid Of. Any Suggestions?

post-131408-1277995398_thumb.jpg

post-131408-1277995417_thumb.jpg

post-131408-1277995398_thumb.jpg

post-131408-1277995417_thumb.jpg

Hey My Name Is James, Im New To The Board Well Actually I've Been Reading Posts On This Site Since I Was 16 (Im Now 21) But Finally Decided To Start Posting. I Had Really Horrible Acne As A Teen And Now Its Pretty Much Winded Down Now, But Im Left With These God Awful Scars..Im Currently Derma Rolling...No Results Yet, But Hopeful...I Have Some Deep Ice Pick Scarring Im Not To Sure How To Get Rid Of. Any Suggestions?

Hey James,

Wish you all the best with rolling! hopefully, you'll get to a point where you'd be comfortable with your skin!

BTW, what type of roller you're using (brand, needle lenght)? what's the gap between your treatments and how many times you've rolled already?

im using Dr. Roller 2.5 mm roller, ive used it twice so far at about 4 weeks apart, I dont know if im rolling hard enough cause i dont scab i just get what i compare to windburn for about a day and then my skin is back to normal...its just hurts so bad i wish i knew of something other then ice to numb my skin. I was thinking about just doing TCA cross a few times or maybe excision im not to sure yet which is why i wanted to see if i could get a vote

wow the responses are to much, slow down everyone

lol i dunno if you are joking or not about the quick responses. all i know is we all get very excited by pics and feel the need to respond...so i will too !

i dunno if dermarolling would really help mate. i have similar scars and the dermaroller just didnt get into them. i needled them then thought what the heck, i might as well tca cross them. so yup tca cross seems like the best solution for u.

wonder how many other people out there who read the posts and arent members. stop lurking and join in...esp if you are friendly.. :D

Edited by sydney_fellow

lol i dunno if you are joking or not about the quick responses. all i know is we all get very excited by pics and feel the need to respond...so i will too !

i dunno if dermarolling would really help mate. i have similar scars and the dermaroller just didnt get into them. i needled them then thought what the heck, i might as well tca cross them. so yup tca cross seems like the best solution for u.

wonder how many other people out there who read the posts and arent members. stop lurking and join in...esp if you are friendly.. :D

yea im just being a smart a** haha..how were your results with TCA cross? Also how many did you do?

Edited by JPenn89

yea im just being a smart a** haha..how were your results with TCA cross? Also how many did you do?

not enough i must admit. i was in the process of starting them when i broke out pretty badly. i did one session. i was using a vitamin e cream and it broke me out, so im now on accutane. i plan to give it another shot professionally once im finished. a lot of other people here (who have since left) have had very positive results :) look up reilly and maya. they posted here until they became so happy with the results, that they left here.

that sux i feel you, i have to watch any kind of cream or mosturizer i put on my face...did you see any kind of improvement with the cross? did it seem worth getting another one done?

You remind me a bit of a guy I know ;). But I can't help you, really. I'm sorry, but I don't know the product. I'm currently using Emu Oil for my scars. And I'm quite happy with the results :). But it's only helping on red marks.

im using Dr. Roller 2.5 mm roller, ive used it twice so far at about 4 weeks apart, I dont know if im rolling hard enough cause i dont scab i just get what i compare to windburn for about a day and then my skin is back to normal...its just hurts so bad i wish i knew of something other then ice to numb my skin. I was thinking about just doing TCA cross a few times or maybe excision im not to sure yet which is why i wanted to see if i could get a vote

Dude, the length you're using is really hardcore lol, hopefully Its gonna kick in soon enough. As for the scabs, you don't need 'em, since this ain't no CROSS, it's just needling, and the fact that your colour is back to normal the next after the treatment - is good, it means that your skin's healing real fast and it's tough enough for you to consider the CROSS. But don't get discouraged from the micro-needling as well, since you've started working on your skin only a few weeks ago, the real results show up usually in 5-6 months after a series of needlings.

As for the excision, I don't think that's the best idea for ya, although your scars seem a bit deep, they are not wide, so you'll end up with a larger scar, though it's gonna be on a pretty much same level with rest of your skin - it's definatelly gonna be bigger, and you've got plenty of scars to cut, so don't do it, no matter what docs tell you, what I mean is - don't do something stupid, that you'll regret about later (IMHO)

You can treat those scars on your own, we are here to help you, so keep you head up and don't lose the hope and MTFBWY

TCA Cross is definitely the right treatment for you.

The large scar on your upper chic you should get excised, i guess TCA cross won't do much for that one.

F raxel Laser Re pair,do it @ a derm clinic. ring around & check out the $$$??

Save up f this treatment, J.