Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helathy2BLiving

acne on butt!

Last month i had couple pimples on my butt and i never get it there. I strongly believe for me it was because i ate something wrong.

hey all!

have you ever got acne on your butt? may i know why this happen and how we may get rid of this?

Yes, a few months back I started getting huge "zits" on my back side...so big that it was uncomfortable to sit. I tried squeezing them and nothing came out and they became more inflamed and scarred (don't squeeze!).

I starting putting a BP/antibiotic cream on them and nothing seemed to help. Out of sheer frustration (it was really affecting my sex life) I went to my doctor and found out it was actually folliculitis! I didn't believe it at first but it actually was. I took some antibiotics which kept it at bay for a while but it came back.

Finally I bought some really strong antibacterial cleanser called "germistat" and washed twice a day every day (my whole body) and used 3% hydrogen peroxide as a toner 3-4 times a day and it cleared! You can also use the peroxide on the stuff that's already there. Just put some on a cotton pad and hold it over the blemish for a few minutes a few times a day. I swear it works like a charm.

Good luck :dance:

Around my time of month sometimes I get a few. I don't do anything usually except wait. I feel like topicals just get rubbed off when I sit down anyway LOL :(

hmm yeah i guess that might be due to this reason. I will try that antibacterial cleanser and hopefuly they will go out :)

thanks ladies

Proper hygiene is the best way to prevent acne in any part of the body.

Got a laugh out of this.

It is true anyway right? :angel:

I don't think mine had anything to do with poor hygiene. Most acne is not caused by this. But I'm sure keeping the area clean will help. It's a common misconception that acne is caused by dirt etc. ;)

Proper hygiene is the best way to prevent acne in any part of the body.

Your ignorance has no boundaries... not to speak how misinformed you are. :doh:

Jesus, what did you lose on this forum if you don't have acne? (judging by your post i doubt you even had a pimple in your life...)

Trooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll

dont feed the trolls

Edited by David-

8, count them EIGHT. Posts now invisible. Please do not reply to advertisers/trolls. REPORT them instead. That poster had a link in the signature....advertising.

I found that dry brushing before my shower cleared up my irritating butt-ne. I didn't start dry brushing for that reason, but it has been a welcomed side effect. I don't know why it worked, but could be:

1) dry brushing aids movement of lymph, your body's garbage disposal of sorts, which will get those nasty toxins floating around out of your body, reducing the elimination load on skin.

2) good 'ole gentle exfoliation. Dry brushing exfoliates without being irritating to body skin. I think this is why my back-of-the-arm-bumpies went away, too.

Good luck! I know butt zits are a bummer.

Butt acne is so embarrassing. I work out a lot and tend to sweat down there. It made intimate moments with my boyfriend kind of embarrassing.

anyway- i would use BP, but it wasn't working- obviously showering after workouts is a good idea, but i found that Mandelic acid has been the best solution. I am zit free on my posterior!

the skin on the butt is thicker than the face and can handle Mandelic acid every day- you can buy some at gardenofwisdom.com

Good Luck!!

hey all!

have you ever got acne on your butt? may i know why this happen and how we may get rid of this?

I remember getting 1-2 big one occasionally. Hurts..............

it left me with brown scars.. or w.e

Edited by EddieE