Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I am most likely going on Accutane for deep cystic acne on my chest and back, pending the results of my blood test I will be taking tomorrow morning. I have read the post of what to expect etc. which helped a lot but I still have a few questions for you guys. I will also be asking my Derm next time I see him but thought I would bring some of them up here as well.

-Is it OK to do intense workouts? I have currently been doing the Insanity workout program as seen on TV for about two weeks now. Its 6 days a week of pure craziness and I'm afraid it might be a little too much for my body while on the medicine.

-I know you're not suppose to take any Vitamin A supplements while on Accutane for obvious reasons but my multi-vitamin has 150% Daily Value of it in it. Will that be OK or is it too much? Here is the link for what else the supplement contains if you know of anything else that might interfere with Accutane, the info is on page 3. Supplement Info

-On the note of muscle aches, besides fish oil, is it OK to take hot baths with say epsom salt or something similar to help relieve muscle aches?

-I know you are suppose to stay away from alcohol while on the medicine for liver reasons but can you have 1 or 2 beers every once and awhile or should I stay away completely for the time being? If I have to, I am willing to stay away to finally get clear.

-I found that applying moisturizer along with a product called Prosacea for Rosacea has helped my face out a lot. Should I not use this while on Accutane?

All I can think of right now. I'm sure more will pop into my head as the days go by and replies come in. Thanks in advance everybody.

Already thought of a few more, haha.

-No soda or carbonated beverages? Or just got down on them? Guess I'll have to buy more gatorade and tea.

-I am currently working as a pizza delivery driver. My arms, legs, etc. get a lot of sun just from driving around all day in the sun. Is that going to be a problem? Use a lot of sunscreen? Or should I see if I can switch to evenings/nights?

-I am currently working as a pizza delivery driver. My arms, legs, etc. get a lot of sun just from driving around all day in the sun. Is that going to be a problem? Use a lot of sunscreen? Or should I see if I can switch to evenings/nights?

legs maybe not so much since they will be hidden the majority of the time (in the car). But arms and face definitely will need sunscreen.

i glanced over your post, but if your multi-vitamin has a 150% daily value of vitamin A, you should stop taking it unless you want to exacerbate certain side-effects like dry skin and dry lips... Accutane is basically a controlled overdose of vitamin A, so taking that multi-vitamin probably isn't the best idea.