Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_scars23

Will my Scars ever go away???

post-132418-1277960457_thumb.jpg

My Scars which are indented in the worst possible light ....

Hey guyz imm new to this site..I just wanted to know whether these scars can be naturally treated or maybe by microdermabrasion or otc ..I don't want to go for more expensive treatments ...I am a 23 year old guy... I got acne around 4 months back because of stress and i picked them so i got these scars...Well now my acne has cleared out leaving these scars which are like 2 months old ...will they improve over time ???if yes :dance::dance::dance: if no?? what Do you guyz suggest I do ???

Thanks a lot ....waiting for your reply...

:rolleyes:

post-132418-1277960457_thumb.jpg

Edited by acne_scars23

I was reading the apple cider vinegar with lemon juice post.... would it work for my scars???? coz i dont wont to go to a plastic surgeon or dermatologist...for the very shallow scarring as they would make it even more worse...

Edited by acne_scars23

apple cider and vineger will only get rid of the hyperpimentation (dark colored spots left from acne). What you have are real scars, which are pitted into the skin. Unfortunately, those type of scars (which is common from very inflammed acne or skin picking) will need a more invasive procedure from a plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

apple cider and vineger will only get rid of the hyperpimentation (dark colored spots left from acne). What you have are real scars, which are pitted into the skin. Unfortunately, those type of scars (which is common from very inflammed acne or skin picking) will need a more invasive procedure from a plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

Thanks a lot chee6119 ...I was hoping if the scars would go by themselves as they are only like 2 months old ... :think: but i was wrong......Imm feeling so frustrated that i picked on them ...any other ideas other than surgeries that would atleast make them less noticable and how about at home treatments like tca peels or microdermabrasion or derma roller which one do you think would work on these scars ????...any help would be great...

Thanks a lot

Edited by acne_scars23

Hmm.. there are different approaches you can take that MAY improve your scars, but sorry to say again.. theres no cream, cleanser or regimen can effectively improve your scars (the pitted types). For very very very shallow scars, some people claim that retin-A cream (vit. A cream) being effective, but some actually find it useless or even making their scars worst.

Scars are one of the most difficult thing to treat in cosmetics (because human tissue/skin is complex). Once the tissue is moderately damaged/wounded, your body tries quickly as possible to heal itself to cover the wound to stop infection-which in result a tissue that doesnt look/feel quite the same as normal skin (tissue scar).

So... what happens next is that we seek help from dermatologist or plastic surgeons. Which then, they will most likely suggest some sort of LASER treatment for facial flaws such as scars because its the 'popular'/most hype thing to do right now. Unfortunately (for most people) laser is also not really that effective for pitted scars. There are many factors to why or why isn't laser effective-it depends on the type of scar, depends on your skin, and depends on how skillful your doctor is.

The most effective treatment I've seen are combination treatments. It's usually called "multi-scar revision" procedure.This is where doctors combine treatments like laser, subcision,excision, injections, chemical peels, and/or grafts to have a more dramatic effect.

Most of us are still out there looking for the 'right' procedure and the right doctor for our scars; including myself. Some are also waiting for new develope breakthroughs/procedures in the future to improve our scars.

I guess you should find a doctor/plastic surgeon you trust and ask him/her what's right for you. Be sure to ask for before and after photos. Good luck!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wound_healing

Tissue remodeling can last up for a year or even longer. Doctors will even tell you this. I would hold off on any invasive treatment until after about a year. Eat healthy, drink lots, sleep well, stress less, etc and you should be fine : ) Try not to use a bunch of harsh chemicals but there are products you can use to speed up the wound healing process. Don't worry and good luck.

Oh and ACV & lemon juice only work on hyperpigmentation.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Hey Guyz thanks for your help...man Chee you gave me very good knowledge about the scar treatments thanks so much..but i am shit scared about all these treatments and my scars arent that deep enough itz showing that way in the pic bcoz i put a light on my head and zoomed in on the skin with the camera...and Lily!! thanks so much for the tissue remodelling thingy... though i could'nt understand half of what was written on the site..lol ...I really hope the scars fade away ...I even quit smoking after i took that picture today in the morning.. ;) ..And Does Aloe Vera speed up tissue remodelling???

Newayz thanks so much guyz ....TC :dance:

Edited by acne_scars23

oh-definitely quit smoking asap! smoking is bad for your health and definitely bad for your skin. I'm glad it helped. And Lily is right, take your vitamins and the best thing you can do right now is stop stressing, try to stay positive. Do some daily exercise as well! its good for your skin and health.

There are more promising procedures in the near future that may be more effective for our scars, dont lose hope!

aloe vera is good for sunburn, soothing skin from rash, and may be helpful for calming inflammation-basically healing damaged skin. But since a scarred skin is usually healed already (more or less) i doubt it will be beneficial for lifting up a pitted scar.

oh-definitely quit smoking asap! smoking is bad for your health and definitely bad for your skin. I'm glad it helped. And Lily is right, take your vitamins and the best thing you can do right now is stop stressing, try to stay positive. Do some daily exercise as well! its good for your skin and health.

There are more promising procedures in the near future that may be more effective for our scars, dont lose hope!

Hey thanks so much Chee... Atleast Acne could make me quit smoking ... positive points of stupid acne lol..i do feel conscious about them sometimes i use a concealer for a big party or something ...I hope your scars get clear too ...It usually does after like a year it looks like an open pore then coz i had them in mi teenage years and they look like pores now...

:think:

Edited by acne_scars23

yep, i do the same! i wear concealer and im a guy (straight guy). i am also very self concious with my shallow scars

yep, i do the same! i wear concealer and im a guy (straight guy). i am also very self concious with my shallow scars

Well Nice to Hear from you Chee...Yeah i Forgot to mention that I AM STRAIGHT too...lol ....So what is the best thing you've tried that has really made a difference on the scars??

i tried saline injections on the 3 shallow rolling scars i have (got it at some dermatologist). It worked a little. Now i do home dermarolling- so far.. same, its working but slow/gradual and not drastic improvement; at least not yet. : (. I have a feeling its going to stop working for me after a few more times... People ususally have their scars improved to a certain extent and it stops improving. I think then, i will have to find a really good plastic surg/derm to obtain more results/improvement. i wont rest or give up until i hit at least 80% improvement.

Niiice Spirit dude keep it goin ...I just hope my scars are not permanent coz last time i had these they healed pretty good except a small pock mark ...which even i couldnt see unless I had a flood light on my face lol....but that was during my teenage years ...i doubt the skin would heal at the age of 23 the same way it healed back then...newayz ill keep you guyz posted if i have any improvements after like 6 months or so... any ideas till then to speed up the filling of the scars would be great ....

Thank you!!!

Just looked at your pic. Your scars are not bad at all. Keep your acne away and stay on a good regimen. I wouldn't treat those personally.

But that is my opinion. Do as you like, but yours are too minor and will get better in time.

They are very shallow and minor.

Hey Thanks...Yeah i wasn't thinkin of a surgery or a treatment either ....but i wanted them to fade a little...2 more questions ...Does Mederma Work for indented scars??...And Do these Scars Get worse as we get older???

Edited by acne_scars23

The scarring isnt that bad! :shock: Nothing compared to mines anyway. :ninja:

Perhaps you'd benefit from multiple microdermabrasion treatments?

May not get rid of your scarring completely, but 5 or 6 sessions should have some effect.

May not get rid of your scarring completely, but 5 or 6 sessions should have some effect.

Hey but ive heard that microdermabrasion is'nt good for pitted scars cause it will suck up whatever colagen has been added to the scar or any improvement the scar has made..making it worse...is it true???? :think: :think:

Hey but ive heard that microdermabrasion is'nt good for pitted scars cause it will suck up whatever colagen has been added to the scar or any improvement the scar has made..making it worse...is it true???? :think: :think:

Not sure. I've never heard of that. :think:

I've not had microdermabrasion yet myself, but was always under the assuption that it removed dead skin cells and helped sand down the upper layers of skin down to scar level.

I could be wrong, so perhaps you're better getting advice from someone who has had it done regularly.

But whatever you do, do not get a full dermabrasion procedure done! :naughty:

microdermabrasion will only remove dead skin cells. It wont do anything for pitted scars : /

What about skin discolouration?

My cheeks are always red and I also have some darker red marks on them which look like scars because certain lighting makes them look black! :shock:

Thank you guyz ....ill better not do anything for a year then ...will see if there's any natural improvement....i dont think so it should bother me if i dont think much about them ... :boohoo::dance: