Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azaan1691

Duac - application amount and effect

I'm about 4 weeks into my treatment with the Duac once daily gel, and I have to say that it works wonders for red spot marks, lesions, and general redness. I ran out of my first Duac after 3 and a half weeks, and I think this is kinda bad, is that normal? Also at the end of that period I definitely admit to applying a few squeezes extra (after I'd got used to the effects of the BP of course).

My question is, how much of a daily application is enough to cover a healing process of say 9-12 weeks? One finger tip?

Its a long term effect as I understand for it to completely or mostly fade away a level of mild to moderate acne, but it seems to be getting a great short-term benefit from reviews I've seen (something I've noticed, but not all that much for me). I just don't wanna be constantly getting repeat prescriptions having used it wrong or too much.

Edited by Azaan1691

How to use Duac Gel:

Use Duac Gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.

• An extra patient leaflet is available with Duac Gel. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
  • Before applying Duac Gel, gently wash the affected area with a mild soap, rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply a thin film of medicine to the affected skin and rub in as directed by your doctor. Wash your hands immediately after using Duac Gel.
  • Do not get Duac Gel in your mouth, eyes, nose, or on your lips.
  • Do not apply Duac Gel to cuts or open wounds.
  • Use Duac Gel on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
  • Continue to use Duac Gel even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
  • If you miss a dose of Duac Gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Duac Gel.
From drugs.com

Also, from the Stiefel website (manufacturer of Duac): http://www.stiefel.com/uploadedFiles/Home/...0Rev%200708.pdf

So, apply however much you need (should be less than a fingertip) to create a 'thin film' on your face. It seems rather difficult to quantify a specific amount with those directions!