Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Content with Vbeam?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you who have had two or more Vbeam treatments (I believe the second treatment is when you usually begin to see progress), are you happy with the results?

• Yes, my acne has been reduced significantly.
    • Yes, my red marks/broken vessels have been lightened a considerable amount.
    • Somewhat pleased
    • Not at all pleased with the treatment
    • Absolutely. Acne has subsided for the moment and the redness is gone.
  2. 2. Did Vbeam cause any breakouts?

• Yes
    • No

For those of us interested in Vbeam, I thought this poll would help us considerably. In my petty research of Vbeam, I have yet to find an instance where Vbeam actually broke the patient out in more acne. That would be counterproductive to the extreme. A laser treatment to help acne and redness, yet it can cause breakouts? If this IS the situation, I'm hesitant to use Vbeam.

Honesty in the polls is hoped for

I didn't know hyperpigmentation was more common in ethnic skin until I came here, but I'm white and I still have pretty severe red/dark spots from old acne. They have ben almost more frustrating than the actual acne, since they stay for so much longer. I just want to scream "It's not acne, it just LOOKS like it!"

I discovered the Vbeam when I went to my derm to treat a spider angioma I had on my cheek. She used the Vbeam on it, and then, to my surprise, continued on to my pigmented spots, commenting that since she already had the laser out, she might as well use it. It helped immensely.

I now ask to be treated with the laser every time I go into my derm, and it doesn't cost me any extra money, just the normal co-pay and my health insurance covers the rest. I encourage everyone else to try it too!

Thanks for the response!! Did any of you experience the "horrible" bruising after the treatment?

Bruising? Never.

The spots that were targeted turned an unsightly red color that lasted a couple of hours, tops. But what else is expected? You're being zapped by a LASER. Worth it to me. :)

Hmm that's interesting. I hear that most people get the best results from heavy bruising, but I guess everyone's different.

Well what do you mean by bruising? The initial mark would turn a shade darker, a more purple color than red before it cleared up. Is that the bruising?

I'm not THAT familiar with it, but that sounds about right. I've seen pictures (unfortunately I can't find any at the moment to show you) of the "bruising" and it looks like perfectly round dots that are very darkish purple.

Meh, sounds about right. No matter, I recommend the Vbeam. :)

Wish more people saw this and added their commentary! I'm feeling a little lonely, ahaha.

Yeah I guess the problem is that seeing as Vbeam is so expensive, it's hard to find that many people who have tried it. But thanks for the response!!

Weird. I clicked on the second option in the poll but I got an error message. lol

Anyway, I've had three Vbeam treatments and the redness of my facial scar has reduced significantly. It was money well spent. I don't know if you've ever seen that movie "Princess Mononoke"? Well there's this guy in there called Prince Ashitaka. My scar is somewhat like his, check it out:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/129/7...akkul_super.jpg

Looks cool on him, not so cool on me. :confused: Anyway... As my nickname suggests, I don't have acne. So no red marks were treated. But yeah, it worked. I think I spent about 400 Euros in total on Vbeam plus 100 Euros for an additional ruby laser treatment to get rid of the brown pigmentation that was left behind by the Vbeam.

So yeah, I'd recommend it. It's somewhat painful when they use high settings, though. But for me, it has been well worth it.

Edited by I do not have acne

Ah, I saw what I did wrong the first time when the error message came on. I managed to vote now. :)

Edited by I do not have acne

I guess I'll ask this here... V beam is to treat red marks... red marks is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation right? Because I thought to get rid of it you must shed skin to reveal new layers at the bottom... V-Beam destroys blood vessels which eliminates redness... the redness of PIH? Are these two things actually the same? Basically does V-beam eliminate PIH?

I guess I'll ask this here... V beam is to treat red marks... red marks is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation right? Because I thought to get rid of it you must shed skin to reveal new layers at the bottom... V-Beam destroys blood vessels which eliminates redness... the redness of PIH? Are these two things actually the same? Basically does V-beam eliminate PIH?

Basically it's like this; if it's red, Vbeam or Vstar will take care of it. A derm once told me that even if were to blast a red sweater with it, the red color would go out of it. It's pretty cool.

However, you might want to read this:

http://www.realself.com/question/vbeam-dar...afe-ethnic-skin

Had a V-Beam first time five das ago... one spot bruised so i can't tell if it'll be better... the other did not just got a bit blotchier and a bit redder for about 2 days and now back to normal pretty much... maybe i should ask him to bruise it next time

After having a horrific outbreak of hormonal acne, I was willing to do almost anything the help it clear. My derm put me on a medication and then a few months later when my skin was ready he used VBeam. My skin was horrible before the treatment. After the first one, I could see a significant improvement. I had a total of (it's been awhile - so I'm trying to remember exactly), but I'll say 4 treatments. The outcome was amazing! No red marks, almost 'perfect' skin, no acne and tighter skin as well. My derm used a low level the first time just to see and then increased it a little each time I went back. I do agree that the more bruising the better the result, but I also noticed a good amount of improvement with the lower levels, as well. I even did it two days before my wedding for an unsightly mark on my cheek. The mark was still there in my wedding photos (argh!), but I was thrilled to see that after about a week, the mark was completely gone. There are transformation phases to be expected after VBeam applications. I enjoy looking in the mirror every couple of hours just to see how my face was changing. My face gets a little 'cottage cheesy' looking which I think is kind of neat, but I wouldn't leave the house. Within almost exactly 24 hours the 'cottage cheese' is gone. The 'bruising'/ small dark circles are gone within a week, but your complete transformation takes about 2-3 weeks. This VBeam works for days and that is one of the most exciting parts for me. Expect the first 24-48 hours to be the 'roughest' and then after that give a week for the bruising to subside and another week to really see the difference that VBeam has made. It is WELL worth the money and the healing time. I would recommend it to everyone.

I hope someone here can answer this:

I had my second V-Beam treatment around 4 or 5 days ago. I asked for bruising, and got what I wanted. One red mark bruised completely, and the other bruised in a certain part, but the rest of the red mark is just redder.

What makes me nervous is I heard that if it isn't a bruise, that redness should subside in a day or two after the treatment. I mean it's redder than before the treatment you know, like VERY noticeably red. I'm hoping this is like a lesser bruise and that it fades, i just want some reassurance that this is normal :S

Hi - similar to everyone else I’m suffering from the after effects of acne. I have red spots/marks all over my cheek areas (see photos).

I went to see the cosmetic dermatologist today and both him and his laser technician instantly recommended V-Beam for me. They said it would help tremendously with the redness. My only concern is I’m a Fitzpatrick Type V and I’m concerned about hyperpigmentation or other scarring as a result. They both reassured me that this was completely safe for my skin type and that they’ve done it on darker skins and it’s been just fine.

He did in passing mention that the side effects may include bruising (very rarely) but based on everyones feedback on this thread it seems like everyone had bruising!?

It’s quite pricey and I’m not covered for these procedures so I really need to know what to do. My wedding is in July so I want my skin to look its best.

Can someone tell me how frequent you got the treatments? They told me every 4 weeks but because I’m short on time they said every 3 weeks and approx 3 sessions for my skin type. Does that sound about right? Help!!!!

post-144294-1302278916_thumb.jpg

post-144294-1302278922_thumb.jpg

post-144294-1302278916_thumb.jpg

post-144294-1302278922_thumb.jpg