Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys I am new, but wanted to ask a question about the regimen I have been using

I have been on this for about 4 weeks now, and am getting less acne, but still getting some whiteheads...also I have acne scars that would be nice to remove.

In the morning after I take a shower, I use

AcneFree Cleanser (2.25 percent BP)

Neutrogena Intensifying Moisturizer (SPF 15)

then at night

the cleanser, and

a prescription gel (Clindymyacin something or other?)

Clean and Clear Night Time Moisturizer

as much as I feel like I am doing something, I'm not sure if I'm doing it all right...the reason I am using the acnefree was because I figured since it is a cleanser and has BP in it, I could combine the 2.

Also, is using the gel something I shouldn't be doing?

I have some of the cetaphil gentle wash cleanser....could I use this first, then the AcneFree (for the BP) and then the Moisturizer with the SPF in the morning and then the nighttime moisturizer at night? Any responses would be great, thanks guys

I am reading Paula Begoun's (Also known as TheCosmetic Cop) book Don't Go To The Cosmetic Cunter Without Me (if you haven't read it, it's a must!) and she makes a very good point that benzoyl peroxide or any special ingredient in a soap is pointless because it gets rinsed off and can not do it's job. All you need in a soap is a mild cleanser that will get rid of dirt and unwanted oil but also will not strip your natural oils. I fyou want the effects of the BP then, use it after you wash. Is night time moisturizer is necessary? Try not having a moisturizer at all to see if that clears it up. If it does, you'll know that the moisturizer was causing the break out and if you feel you need one, you can try another one.

hey guys I am new, but wanted to ask a question about the regimen I have been using

I have been on this for about 4 weeks now, and am getting less acne, but still getting some whiteheads...also I have acne scars that would be nice to remove.

In the morning after I take a shower, I use

AcneFree Cleanser (2.25 percent BP)

Neutrogena Intensifying Moisturizer (SPF 15)

then at night

the cleanser, and

a prescription gel (Clindymyacin something or other?)

Clean and Clear Night Time Moisturizer

as much as I feel like I am doing something, I'm not sure if I'm doing it all right...the reason I am using the acnefree was because I figured since it is a cleanser and has BP in it, I could combine the 2.

Also, is using the gel something I shouldn't be doing?

I have some of the cetaphil gentle wash cleanser....could I use this first, then the AcneFree (for the BP) and then the Moisturizer with the SPF in the morning and then the nighttime moisturizer at night? Any responses would be great, thanks guys

Moved to over the counter acne medications as this isn't related to the Acne.org regimen which calls for gentle cleanser, topical 2.5% BP, and a moisturizer (all twice a day).

The BP wash is not a bad idea as you're on Clindamycin. It can help prevent bacterial resistance to clindamycin (or other topical antibiotics, actually). What's the gel called? Depending on what it is, the BP wash may be over-irritating in combination with that prescription gel.

Do you wash your face in the shower and then again wash your face with the AcneFree cleanser? If so, that's overkill. ;) Just wash with a gentle cleanser or the AcneFree cleanser once; you can even do it in the shower just fine.