Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olive14

Positive compliments you received that distracted you from your acne

Today (or rather, yesterday, it's 2 a.m.), I went to the dentist and was on a freaking high horse the rest of the day because of it. It's because whenever I go in there they all tell me what a nice smile I have and how lucky they are to have me because when they see me they barely have to do any work because of what good care I take of myself.

Just for the record, I just have good genetics. I never floss, yet they all think I do twice a day. I have no plaque, no cavities, my gums are healthy, and they're pretty white.

Today I had half a bad of Haribo peach rings and I went to the dentist without brushing before (except in the morning) and they were like "oooohhhh you're a flosser huh?".

Anyways it was just nice hearing that. And then the dentist told my mom I was a "gorgeous girl". It made me feel good, especially the teeth comment because I do try my best to maintain them. Brush twice a day, wear my retainer when I remember. You know, the usual.

It blocked any bad thoughts I had about my skin or appearance. I felt pretty confident when I saw my boyfriend today too. Even though I've gained a little weight, I wasn't worrying about any of it.

So it's been a good day, post something positive that you received as a compliment or just something you noticed about yourself I guess that distracted you from your skin problems.

I've never been complimented on my appearance.. except 'your really tall' or 'you look so normal'..

That's awesome! You remind me of my bf with your teeth. He is so lazy with taking care of his teeth and has maybe one cavity, which he finally got when he was about 25. I take amazing care of mine and I have 6 fillings! I think I need another one too. ::sigh::

I do enjoy getting compliments like "pretty blue eyes" and "nice bum" lol :blush: they make me feel better too.

Despite my really bad acne flare-up, my boyfriend told me I was beautiful last night for the first time in a while. That felt pretty good. :dance:

Well when I was 15 someone I know locally was like "You're looking really pretty now your acne's going!" lol, I know they meant well but did they really have to shout that across the street? Hehe.

lol this is what my bf said to me last night

"you're hotter than meg fox and angelina jolie combined"

That's saying something :)

Despite my really bad acne flare-up, my boyfriend told me I was beautiful last night for the first time in a while. That felt pretty good. :dance:

N'awwww :)

My boyfriend tells me I'm always beautiful, without makeup, all my acne and scars and all.

But I think he's lying and only says it because he knows it'll go away. And he knows I'm attractive without the acne because he's seen me without it.

Not because I think he's a mean guy, he's really good to me but I think he knows I need the ego boost sometimes and if I don't think I'm beautiful how could he?

For me?

'well, you have nice eyebrows.'

My eyebrows are my pride and joy.

Be lucky yours are beaaaaautiful :)

They can really make or break a face. Sounds like yours make it.

ha they kinda do... but i'm kinda having issues w/them right now?? one spot kinda thinned out, out of nowhere >< i hope it fills back in or else-- I have nothing else! :o

My eyebrows can be a pain though, super thick and ...uh, big. so they're a lot of work to keep lookin' nice...oy yeah some people over pluck and just make a mess out of 'em.

Edited by Geeking

I don't get complimented on my appearance. At least, not in real life. Unless you count the fifty billion times I've heard "gee golly, you're tall!" or "you could be an NBA star!"

Edited by King Rat

In highschool a secretary asked me to take my hair out of my eyes (It was pretty long cause I was self conscious of breakouts on my forehead etc) and when I did she said "aw there you go, you have very nice eyes"

N'awwww :)

My boyfriend tells me I'm always beautiful, without makeup, all my acne and scars and all.

But I think he's lying and only says it because he knows it'll go away. And he knows I'm attractive without the acne because he's seen me without it.

Not because I think he's a mean guy, he's really good to me but I think he knows I need the ego boost sometimes and if I don't think I'm beautiful how could he?

your talking rubbish seriously, open your eyes chuck!.... you well eventually ! :)

I was in line for food, and some girl came up to me and said "you have gorgeous eyes! The prettiest I've ever seen!" That made me feel great for days :)

The other day I saw someone at the bank that I hadn't seen in a couple years and they gave me a long once over and told me that I grew up to be so pretty. So that was nice to hear. =)

I get compliments on my hair and eyes mostly. And I guess how skinny I am.lol

Pretty much the only compliment I can remember is.........."Wow, you look really slim when your not in your uniform" Oh ok thanks, I'll remember that every time I'm at school! :lol:

ha they kinda do... but i'm kinda having issues w/them right now?? one spot kinda thinned out, out of nowhere >< i hope it fills back in or else-- I have nothing else! :o

My eyebrows can be a pain though, super thick and ...uh, big. so they're a lot of work to keep lookin' nice...oy yeah some people over pluck and just make a mess out of 'em.

I hate it when people overpluck. Or wax too thin.

I get mine threaded. It's only about 12 bucks, I do it every six weeks, and it makes it all grow back in at the same time once you're on a nice schedule after a couple of times! And it's very precise. So unless you already do it you should look into that.

I don't get complimented on my appearance. At least, not in real life. Unless you count the fifty billion times I've heard "gee golly, you're tall!" or "you could be an NBA star!"

Lol how tall are you?

Lol how tall are you?

Only 6'4".

ONLY.

I'm ONLY 5'3". The word "only" makes more sense in this instance.

I want to have a picture someday next to you because of how ridiculous it's going to look. We can both wear mustaches.

I used to get compliments on my figure when I was younger and more recently...but in the last year I have gained like 7-10 pounds and no one says anything anymore... I cut my long hair and changed the color and I am not too crazy about it either. I'm in an ugly slump :(

I like it when people compliment my hair or overall appearance. But personality compliments are the best :)

Lol how tall are you?

Only 6'4".

I am myself am standing at a superior 6'5" 1/4 :snooty: