Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monkeytron

bp on top of moisturizer ok??

Have any of you had success with controlling acne by using the bp over moisturizer?

It takes so much time to do bp, dry, wash hands, moisturizer, wash hands, lets it sink in so there's no streaks, and then do makeup.

Thank you!!!

For best results, follow The Regimen as outlined. Applying the BP to a clean, bare face allows it to penetrate deeply. If you apply the moisturizer first, the BP may not be able to penetrate as well, so it may not be able to kill off the acne bacteria as effectively.

To help make better use of the time it takes to do The Regimen, perhaps you could try to work your schedule so that you're utilizing the time between steps. For example, in the morning, you could cleanse, then, while you're waiting to apply the BP, you could eat your breakfast. After you apply the BP, you could brush your teeth and style your hair while you wait for the BP to absorb, then moisturize.

I sometimes do a spot trat on top of moisturiser through the day but I think its best to follow the steps.

I wash, then go make a cup of tea, then BP, then make and eat breakfast and drink my tea before moisturise!! In the evenings I have more time so its not a big deal but I always make sure I have something to do in between steps....like I'll leave the dishwasher so I can empty it while im waiting for BP to dry.....if you get a little routing going it isnt as bad!!

:D

Thanks c'est la vigne! I need to just come up with a good routine.

Here's what I have:

wash, moisturize areas that i don't put bp on, brush teeth, bp, email, moisturizer, chores/eat, makeup!

For best results, follow The Regimen as outlined. Applying the BP to a clean, bare face allows it to penetrate deeply. If you apply the moisturizer first, the BP may not be able to penetrate as well, so it may not be able to kill off the acne bacteria as effectively.

To help make better use of the time it takes to do The Regimen, perhaps you could try to work your schedule so that you're utilizing the time between steps. For example, in the morning, you could cleanse, then, while you're waiting to apply the BP, you could eat your breakfast. After you apply the BP, you could brush your teeth and style your hair while you wait for the BP to absorb, then moisturize.