Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so im 16, ive had acne for about 3 years now. My face cleared up for the most part only 3-5 on my face not my biggest problem. I have it also on my chest on my legs and the worst on my upper back and shoulders. Im really wanting to know the fastest and best way to remove all of it? And will i be stuck with acne for life? or is it just a puberty thing cause it definitely has lessened up on my face. Im currently not on anything or using any scrubs cause they one seem to work some times. I also have some what oily skin and im constantly sweeting from working out and sports..Its summer time and id like to go outside without a shirt on without being embarrassed.PLEASE anyone kepp

Ok so im 16, ive had acne for about 3 years now. My face cleared up for the most part only 3-5 on my face not my biggest problem. I have it also on my chest on my legs and the worst on my upper back and shoulders. Im really wanting to know the fastest and best way to remove all of it? And will i be stuck with acne for life? or is it just a puberty thing cause it definitely has lessened up on my face. Im currently not on anything or using any scrubs cause they one seem to work some times. I also have some what oily skin and im constantly sweeting from working out and sports..Its summer time and id like to go outside without a shirt on without being embarrassed.PLEASE anyone kepp

its unusual to get it on your legs, have you gone to the doctor about it? How long have you had it on your legs?

If you are sweating you could have a form of folliculitis so its worth ging to the doctors and asking about it. My boyfriend never suffers from acne but he sweated in some snow trousers for a few days and got folliculitis on his legs which took ages to heal.

how soon do you wash after working out/playing sports? what do you wear when you are working out or playing sports.

some people have found anti fungal stuff works well on folliculitis so anti dandruff shampoos can do well but it depends on whether its bacteria or fungus which are causing the infection in there.

its unusual to get it on your legs, have you gone to the doctor about it? How long have you had it on your legs?

If you are sweating you could have a form of folliculitis so its worth ging to the doctors and asking about it. My boyfriend never suffers from acne but he sweated in some snow trousers for a few days and got folliculitis on his legs which took ages to heal.

how soon do you wash after working out/playing sports? what do you wear when you are working out or playing sports.

some people have found anti fungal stuff works well on folliculitis so anti dandruff shampoos can do well but it depends on whether its bacteria or fungus which are causing the infection in there.

well it not bad on my legs just few like 1-3 i dont work any tight clothes and i shower right after i workout/play sports..ive started to watch what i eat lately/drink lots of water and helped clear it up but hasnt completely removed/cured it which id like only place its pretty bad tht i really want gone is on my back..ive tried lemon juice doesnt really work just kinda brings redness down..i found tht toothpaste has worked well on my face havent tried it any where else on my body doesnt work as a long term cure tho which i want

well it not bad on my legs just few like 1-3 i dont work any tight clothes and i shower right after i workout/play sports..ive started to watch what i eat lately/drink lots of water and helped clear it up but hasnt completely removed/cured it which id like only place its pretty bad tht i really want gone is on my back..ive tried lemon juice doesnt really work just kinda brings redness down..i found tht toothpaste has worked well on my face havent tried it any where else on my body doesnt work as a long term cure tho which i want

Have you been to the doctor yet?

Have you been to the doctor yet?

no cause i dont think its bad matter a fact its getting better, and chances are if i go they just going to say its fine or possibly tell me to get some short of body wash just not worth the time for me...if it doesnt gett any better in the next few years i will go to a doctor, i think its just cause of hormones and so what for my age

heres some pictures of it

you look older than 16 lol

anyway, you are right, tis not too bad at all. I thought the same thing for my acne when I was a teen so don't put it off too long.

here is the nhs page on acne,

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/acne/Pages/Introduction.aspx

it gives a nice general overview of the official medical options and opinions currently..... though the comments about diet not affecting acne are being reconsidered by dermatologists following research into Low GI diets and Milk so remember in science there is never "the final word" on anything. Still it is a useful overall guide to treatments etc

it does just go away for some people yes, for others its until they are in their 30's and it doesnt go away. Some people have it for life.

A doctor will hopefully do more than tell you to use a body wash. They should take your particular acne and symptoms and preferences into account and decide on a suitable treatment. Body acne is a pain in the arse as topicals have a habit of bleaching clothes :(

I used zineryt and it worked well on my body acne but you will need to look at the options and see what feels right for you. Since it is on your legs I would ask a doctor to look at it when you go in to check if its folliculitis as this requires completely different treatment to acne and can be cleared up completely cause it is not that same thing as acne and if you dont have to put up with it then why should you? :)

heres some pictures of it

you look older than 16 lol

anyway, you are right, tis not too bad at all. I thought the same thing for my acne when I was a teen so don't put it off too long.

here is the nhs page on acne,

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/acne/Pages/Introduction.aspx

it gives a nice general overview of the official medical options and opinions currently..... though the comments about diet not affecting acne are being reconsidered by dermatologists following research into Low GI diets and Milk so remember in science there is never "the final word" on anything. Still it is a useful overall guide to treatments etc

it does just go away for some people yes, for others its until they are in their 30's and it doesnt go away. Some people have it for life.

A doctor will hopefully do more than tell you to use a body wash. They should take your particular acne and symptoms and preferences into account and decide on a suitable treatment. Body acne is a pain in the arse as topicals have a habit of bleaching clothes :(

I used zineryt and it worked well on my body acne but you will need to look at the options and see what feels right for you. Since it is on your legs I would ask a doctor to look at it when you go in to check if its folliculitis as this requires completely different treatment to acne and can be cleared up completely cause it is not that same thing as acne and if you dont have to put up with it then why should you? :)

yeah lol im gonna try some things can get at a store if it doesnt seem to work then ill just go seem someone and get it checked out..and the ones on my legs are just at the top i think there there from when i shave but could be mistaken

yeah lol im gonna try some things can get at a store if it doesnt seem to work then ill just go seem someone and get it checked out..and the ones on my legs are just at the top i think there there from when i shave but could be mistaken

ok, just be prepared though for store brands not to work as many members on this site will show. I hope it works for you though.

It could be from shaving possible, try exfoliating gently a day or so after shaving there and moisturise the area after shaving every day

ok, just be prepared though for store brands not to work as many members on this site will show. I hope it works for you though.

It could be from shaving possible, try exfoliating gently a day or so after shaving there and moisturise the area after shaving every day

thank you for your help so much i appreciate it