Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowlily

retin a microgel (wat to do!!!!!! my face is DESTROYED!!!!!)

okay so i'm really freaking out right now! i went 2 c a dermatologist to get ride of some acne on my forehead and a few pimples on my cheek (like 2-3 pimples)

the dermatologist gave me retin a microgel to apply at night (.1% which doesn't make since cus taz the highest dosage and i have very mild-moderate acne)

anyway here is wat my face looked like throughout the weeks

1st week= nothing happen in the first few days and then boom my face started getting flaky and peely

2nd week= my flaky skin died down pretty fast (thank good)

3rd week= my skin started looking pretty good... the red marks were fading well

4th week = BIG GIANTIC BREAKOUT!!!!!!!!!! pimples on my 2 cheeks, forehead, chin

5th week = started getting a litte better (the break out)

6th week = skin was looking pretty good in the beginning of the week and then boom another break out

7th week = started getting better but still alot of acne

8th week = huge breakout on right cheek but left cheek is clearing up very well and forehead. also chin is clear

so i'm almost done with 8th week but my right cheek still look like crap and a little on my left cheek. also my face doesn't not peel or feel dry at all during week 3-8 just breakout. so is tis a normal sign to not have peely skin after 2 weeks???

also i'm not using any other medication while on retin a. i only wash with clinque face soap morning and night. i don't wear makeup either. so waz causing my skin to break out has 2 b retin a. (i'm using nuetrogena sunscreen SPF 30 like i'm suppose to)

so should i continue with retin a microgel????

okay so i'm really freaking out right now! i went 2 c a dermatologist to get ride of some acne on my forehead and a few pimples on my cheek (like 2-3 pimples)

the dermatologist gave me retin a microgel to apply at night (.1% which doesn't make since cus taz the highest dosage and i have very mild-moderate acne)

1st week= nothing happen in the first few days and then boom my face started getting flaky and peely

4th week = BIG GIANTIC BREAKOUT!!!!!!!!!! pimples on my 2 cheeks, forehead, chin

6th week = skin was looking pretty good in the beginning of the week and then boom another break out

8th week = huge breakout on right cheek but left cheek is clearing up very well and forehead. also chin is clear

so i'm almost done with 8th week but my right cheek still look like crap and a little on my left cheek. also my face doesn't not peel or feel dry at all during week 3-8 just breakout. so is tis a normal sign to not have peely skin after 2 weeks???

also i'm not using any other medication while on retin a. i only wash with clinque face soap morning and night. i don't wear makeup either. so waz causing my skin to break out has 2 b retin a. (i'm using nuetrogena sunscreen SPF 30 like i'm suppose to)

hi there I have been using retin a 0.05% for 7 weeks now and iam too still having IB but the 4th and5th week was the worst. I have read that it takes about 3 months to actually see an improvment. although iam still getting acne and had a really bad IB on a places that i never had acne on my skin feels smoth , red marks are fading and iam still peeling and i dont really have a dry face . so , hang in there ,keep using it its good stuff and be patient with this drug it takes time . :shifty:

good luck for u and me :dance: :

hi there I have been using retin a 0.05% for 7 weeks now and iam too still having IB but the 4th and5th week was the worst. I have read that it takes about 3 months to actually see an improvment. although iam still getting acne and had a really bad IB on a places that i never had acne on my skin feels smoth , red marks are fading and iam still peeling and i dont really have a dry face . so , hang in there ,keep using it its good stuff and be patient with this drug it takes time . :shifty:

good luck for u and me :dance: :

well i'm currently on my 9th week and i THINK i'm getting over the IB. I haven't gotten any big gigantic painful pimples for about 5 days now..... (which is a record)

but i'm really crossing my fingers tat the red marks fade because currently i only have 4-5 pimples on my entire face but since my old acne left red marks it still looks like i have 15-20 pimples...... so i'm waiting 4 the drastic change tat i was told of tatz suppose 2 happen during month 3........