Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have read a few messages and would like to offer my experience with a Isolaz Laser. I live in NYC so its more expensive than ever here $400 for one session and yes the doctor quickly jumped to say I should do 6 sessions. I don't have acne I do have blackheads in my tzone only. I am 38 years old and cant stand my pores. I also have had some sun damage so I have done in the past IPL which is also good for acne and blackheads as it builds up colagen levels which in short is good. I did the treatment today and first had a microdermabrasion with the one that doesn't emit the crystals this has a coarse tip and suction. I have had the crystal one in the past and its similar or same. So the micro dermabrasion she said was good start to loosen the skin cells so the Isolaz laser could effectively remove the oil in the pores and clean them completely. She did the micro dermabrasion on high setting for T-Zone. As for the Laser she set it on 4 to start on my forehead and then the sides 5 and my nose a 6 and t zone 6 this was getting hot. I could smell the laser heating up after few pulses and could smell something burning which did freak me out. She said its normal and that she had some clients goto 7. She also had a cooling spray she cooled the laser with after 2 pulses each time and applied a cool gel and water to my face before each pulse. she went over my tzone two times which did make me happy. At the end she cleaned my face and added a toner which definately stung but this was to close up the pores. I was definately red and splotchy in places so I wouldnt recommend going back to work after this procedure I did take subway didnt get many looks lol. So in two weeks Im going back to get a IPL and then following week a Isolaz laser treatment. IPL is $300. Its a great procedure and the IPL does break up any sun spots and any red lines or broken veins. Anyway hope this helps she has me using a three products one a cleanser with Lactic Acid and Glycol with other herbs and oils in it and toner with L-lactic Acid, Salicylic acid and some tea extracts in it it does sting a bit. Thne i use a vitamin a serum for the lines and skin texture. I'll report after my next treatment but so far its great and redness has died down its now 8 hours so we see in morning if this works.

I had my first isolaz laser acne treatment yesterday. I am 17 years old and have struggled with mild acne since i was about 12 years old. Recently i found out that i have type 2 rosacea that has been causing my acne. I was put on a special regimen by my doctor and it has been working great, but he suggested that i try the isolaz treatment to prevent future acne. I had some major bruising on my left temple and forehead, when on number 3 suction power, so he took it down to power 2. Although this was only my first treatment, my skin looks better already! My acne scarring (which is my biggest concern) is much less noticeable after just one treatment. Aside from the bruising, the laser seems to have worked wonders for my skin!

I had my first isolaz laser acne treatment yesterday. I am 17 years old and have struggled with mild acne since i was about 12 years old. Recently i found out that i have type 2 rosacea that has been causing my acne. I was put on a special regimen by my doctor and it has been working great, but he suggested that i try the isolaz treatment to prevent future acne. I had some major bruising on my left temple and forehead, when on number 3 suction power, so he took it down to power 2. Although this was only my first treatment, my skin looks better already! My acne scarring (which is my biggest concern) is much less noticeable after just one treatment. Aside from the bruising, the laser seems to have worked wonders for my skin!

hi,

could you describe your scarring and your acne prior to the treatment?