Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now that I have cleared up my acne I'm very cautious abot my face and it's would be my worst nightmare that it would come back, because I have regained all my trust in myself and I'm not afraid to look at people in their eyes, though I still have the habit of not staying in bright light because I used to do that always

Now I decided to try bochla's regimen and make sure acne doesn't come back, I will be using the bleackhead clearing scrub for sure but I'm afraid of using the clean & clear benzoyl product wash since it's not oil free, and it also contains petroluem ( an ingredient normally used for the lip moisturizers)

Any suggestions?

it also has Mineral Oil, which is an oil and I don't want to add mere oil to my face

"Use water-based cosmetics only. Read make-up labels. Oil-based products (containing lanolin, mineral oil, or cocoa butter) plug up pores and worsen acne. After you finish removing make-up, be sure to wash your face as described above"

I dont believe you can get this in stores but I have found it sold on many dermatologists websites as well as ebay occasionally. It is a DCL product (dermatalogic cosmetic laboratories). The wash is called B Prox 10 I believe. It contains 10% BP and is applied for about 30 seconds to a minute then rinsed off. Because my skin seems to get really dry by leaving on BP products I decided to ask the derm what a good product was and he gave me this. I also use the DCL PM healing cream which contains 2% SA which I apply once at night. Just started this program so I cant really give much insight but so far it is definitely not as drying.

actually it's difficult to find a website that ships to Malta and and I don't think i'll find it in shops either

but I actually found out that (from a more reliable source than the previous one I found (acne.com) that not all oils are comdegenic in fact mineral oils and sunflower oils are't so i'll be changing to them

What are you talking about? There are many BP washes. Clean and Clear Continuous control BP wash and Oxy BP wash are over the counter. I'm sure there are others. I like Oxy BP wash. It also has citric acid in it. Not sure if that really does anything, but it does work very well.

I used toothpaste but it has 2 drawbacks:

1. u can use it if you have resistant skin

2. this is not a way to prevent new spots from groing it just burns the current pimples from your face to keep the pimples at pay use sacylic acid and benzoyl peroxide

I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask.

I really love that stuff first I use Clean and Clear Black head clearing scrub than I use the Neutrogena cleanser and the mask part every once and awhile.

Has anyone tried Clearasil Ultra??