Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoubleH

Took the first accutane pill just now.

Holy crap! Such a wierd feeling. I searched and searched about info on it and now that i took it its like i'm WAITING for a side effect. Lol!

haha thanks pplz. if you use a moisturizer and its oily will it counter-act the accutane or something?

I don't think it will. My face gets extremely oily yet I still moisturize in the morning and at night. Eventually the accutane will dry you out so moisturizing will be important! I'm on my 11th day of generic amnesteem 40mg a day and my lips got really dry after my first week, aquaphor does the trick and really helps! If your scalp is getting dry already maybe try not washing it everyday and get a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. Hope some of this helps and good luck!

haha thanks pplz. if you use a moisturizer and its oily will it counter-act the accutane or something?

I don't think it will. My face gets extremely oily yet I still moisturize in the morning and at night. Eventually the accutane will dry you out so moisturizing will be important! I'm on my 11th day of generic amnesteem 40mg a day and my lips got really dry after my first week, aquaphor does the trick and really helps! If your scalp is getting dry already maybe try not washing it everyday and get a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. Hope some of this helps and good luck!

Thanks. I heard that if you dont moisturize that you can get scars? Anyone have experience with this?

Day 4

Nothing today. Just hoping it'll be normal.

and wtf! i heard isotretinoin can stop long bone growth in teens?! whats the percent of this happening?

Edited by DoubleH

?!

I think you should talk to your doctor about that one, they will probably know the answer and maybe any symptoms to look out for if it does. My derm is very helpful and she said to call in with any questions if I'm worried about anything.