Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whtx

Did i end my Doxycline too soon?

Along with multivitamin and fish/flax supplements, my main treatment for the past 3-4 months has been Doxycycline and Tazorac. It has kept my acne under control. Not totally clear but under control.

However, due to many suggestions of family, i have discontinued doxycycline. They say stuff like its very bad for the immune system, etc, etc to use an antibiotic long term.

Im wondering whats the deal with doxy? My acne has gotten a little worst in the past week and its becoming a problem. Im wondering if i should go back to taking it.

Also, my second question is: Am i taking too much stuff by taking Zinc 50mg, Flaxseed oil caps, fish oil caps, and this herbal supplement pill to clense the body with?

Thanks alot.

By 3 months you would have been seeing the full effect of the doxy. I'm on like 2 months and a week here and I'm seeing slightly better complexion in the sense that the breakouts I do get last less time.

So I don't think you would have got any clearer from it. Maybe ask your derm about a stronger antibiotic, like minocycline, apparantly it works better but the potential side effects are worse.

but whats the point of an antibiotic if it dosnt help you get any clearer once past a certain time?

Is it something just to use temporaily? I mean acne isnt curable, only treatments.