Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hasn't been pasteurized. No drugs or antibiotics.

Would this have the same impact on acne as the regular store-bought crap?

I hope not because i plan on drinking a lot in the coming weeks as i try to bulk up.

I'm about 98% acne free atm, got maybe 2 or 3 active spots down from 30 or 40 a little while ago.

I'm pretty sure my acne is caused by the steroids i was taking and the consequent unbalancing of my hormones, also i'm sure that the sun has helped calm it down a lot.

Still gonna keep my carbs low, no bread, pasta, flour etc.

According to the theory by which milk is maligned on this forum, yes it would still be a problem. The proteins are the same, whether raw or not. They would still yield casomorphins.

No, it will not have the same impact. I don't speak for everyone, but I know for me the difference between real milk and processed milk made a huge difference.

i woudl stick to low fat yogurt only, forget about milk. the fat content of milk has been shown i think in one study to corrlate with acne severity, although you dont need to read any studies to confirm this for yourself.

only my opinion, but you going to want to pasteurize that stuff. there are dangerous bacteria around those dirty ass cows.

Until they can prove that there are truly beneficial bacteria in raw milk as some have theorized, which i have looked for any existing evidence yet, i doubt its there though, then i may try raw milk. otherwise, go ahead and heat it up to 180 degrees before i will drink it.

but im all for antibiotic and HGH free milk, and one reason for the antibiotics is because they know that these dirty cows have tons of bacteria on them.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

That's rubbish, in fact the only studies that have linked milk to acne, involved low fat / fat free skim milks. Whole milk is much healthier. Taking the fat out is just silly. Almost all acne sufferers aren't getting enough fat.

As for the topic, just try it dude. I've never been able to since the stuff is illegal in Australia, which leads me to believe the benefits are huge enough to scare medicine companies. ;)

You should be able to tell if it affects it, and since the rest of your diet is fantastic any breakout wont be that bad. Let us know how it goes if you do.

The milk comes from my parents farm and i can tell you that the cows are very clean and i know exactly what they are fed and none of them are given any drugs while they are milking.

There are bacteria in milk but if you are a normal person with a normal immune system you will have no problems with these bacteria. There are also good bacteria in there as well and lots of beneficial enzymes and vitamins that are destroyed in the process of pasteurization.

Pasteurization kills milk and makes it unfit for human consumption.

As for the fat, why do i always hear people say their acne gets worse when they switch to skim milk?

Its the sugar people, not the fat.

This would be day 2 i guess and so far i've had 2 liters of whole raw milk lol and its only noon

also had some coconut oil, ground flax seeds, raspberries, 2 bananas, blueberries, and a salad

gonna see if this will help me put on some mass...

Edited by ballsoftitanium

Cows these days are raised in filthy, crowded conditions, which is why they need to pasteurize milk. They tromp around in their own manure. In addition, cows have a difficult time digesting the (cheap & subsidized) corn feed they are on, which is why they need antibiotics because they are always sick.

It all comes down to money. Mass produce milk in the smallest possible space and feed them subsidized corn feed to maximize profit. Grass fed cows are more expensive because it requires more land ($$$) for them to graze on. If cows are raised in a healthy environment, there is no need to pasteurize the milk or pump them with antibiotics.

My husband grew up with their own dairy cows that did not pasteurize the milk and the family never had issues. Visit a massive commercial dairy "farm" and you will know for yourself the disgusting environment these animals live in.

One other tid-bit of information I find interesting, is that baby cows can die if they are fed pasteurized milk.

I have also read a few studies (just do a quick Google search) that skim milk has shown to flare up acne more so than whole milk. Skim milk is highly processed.

i woudl stick to low fat yogurt only, forget about milk. the fat content of milk has been shown i think in one study to corrlate with acne severity, although you dont need to read any studies to confirm this for yourself.

only my opinion, but you going to want to pasteurize that stuff. there are dangerous bacteria around those dirty ass cows.

Until they can prove that there are truly beneficial bacteria in raw milk as some have theorized, which i have looked for any existing evidence yet, i doubt its there though, then i may try raw milk. otherwise, go ahead and heat it up to 180 degrees before i will drink it.

but im all for antibiotic and HGH free milk, and one reason for the antibiotics is because they know that these dirty cows have tons of bacteria on them.

Those dirty ass cows aren't necessarily dirty on the outside. (Unless they are on huge dairy farms wallowing in their own manure all day, but I'm talking a normal farm here). They are given antibiotics to fight the infections they get from eating a terrible diet of mostly grains. Cows evolved on grass and when they are forced to eat only nutrient devoid grains, they get sick.

In regards to raw milk being better, raw-milk-facts.com says

"The amylase (47), bacterially-produced lactase (48), lipases (49) and phosphatases (50) in raw milk, break down starch, lactose (milk sugar), fat (triglycerides) and phosphate compounds respectively, making milk more digestible and freeing up key minerals. Other enzymes, like catalase, (51) lysozyme (52) and lactoperoxidase (53) help to protect milk from unwanted bacterial infection, making it safer for us to drink."

I've never tried it because it's about $9/gallon around here and I'm the only one in my house who will drink it, but I'd love to try it.

I went to an all-organic farm today and the lady who runs it knew a lot about acne, about PH and everything, and she said that raw milk should really be a good thing because of the bacteria.

I'm nervous about drinking it too since everyone on here says makes it so taboo, but I LOVE milk (hence the severity of my acne, probably) so keep me udpated if you think it makes your acne worse.

Those dirty ass cows aren't necessarily dirty on the outside. (Unless they are on huge dairy farms wallowing in their own manure all day, but I'm talking a normal farm here). They are given antibiotics to fight the infections they get from eating a terrible diet of mostly grains. Cows evolved on grass and when they are forced to eat only nutrient devoid grains, they get sick.

In regards to raw milk being better, raw-milk-facts.com says

"The amylase (47), bacterially-produced lactase (48), lipases (49) and phosphatases (50) in raw milk, break down starch, lactose (milk sugar), fat (triglycerides) and phosphate compounds respectively, making milk more digestible and freeing up key minerals. Other enzymes, like catalase, (51) lysozyme (52) and lactoperoxidase (53) help to protect milk from unwanted bacterial infection, making it safer for us to drink."

I've never tried it because it's about $9/gallon around here and I'm the only one in my house who will drink it, but I'd love to try it.

if this is true, then it is very interesting, thanks for the info.

I know that you can drink raw milk, im just not sure its a great idea if you arent in control of taking care of the cow yourself! so i reason its a better idea to drink it pasteurized.

Yeah I think that's mostly hype though, IMO. Just like rare meat. Not all bacteria is bad and our body can fight off most of the bad stuff. Whenever there's a breakout of say, E. Coli, it is always a new strain that has become stronger due to constant use of antibiotics in animals. That combined with the horrible conditions of huge cow/cattle farms leads to the outbreaks.

Personally I'd rather give my $9 to a local farm that has better standards for its animals. In fact, after typing this, I might just have to convince my bf to drink it now!

Here's a great website for finding local farms that meet healthy standards:

Eat Wild

i woudl stick to low fat yogurt only, forget about milk. the fat content of milk has been shown i think in one study to corrlate with acne severity...

Your memory is failing you! As others have already pointed out to you, it's the lack of butterfat in skim- and low-fat milk which has been correlated with acne.

Yeah I think that's mostly hype though, IMO. Just like rare meat. Not all bacteria is bad and our body can fight off most of the bad stuff. Whenever there's a breakout of say, E. Coli, it is always a new strain that has become stronger due to constant use of antibiotics in animals. That combined with the horrible conditions of huge cow/cattle farms leads to the outbreaks.

Personally I'd rather give my $9 to a local farm that has better standards for its animals. In fact, after typing this, I might just have to convince my bf to drink it now!

Eat Wild

Umm. No. Escherichia coli O157:H7, the serotype that has been causing illness and death in humans in the past couple of decades, is not dangerous because it is resistant to antibiotics (it's not particularly resistant to any antibiotic). It's dangerous because it evolved the ability to produce shiga-like toxins, as well as other virulence factors. The development of these factors is completely unrelated to any human activity. It's just natural variation in the gene pool of E. coli.

Edited by greentiger87

i woudl stick to low fat yogurt only, forget about milk. the fat content of milk has been shown i think in one study to corrlate with acne severity...

Your memory is failing you! As others have already pointed out to you, it's the lack of butterfat in skim- and low-fat milk which has been correlated with acne.

Can you point me to any studies which say that the lack of fat in milk is what is correlated with acne?

Edited by mike_wf

Drank a gallon of milk today and acne is almost non-existent, not any worse than yesterday or the day before.

one on my lower back, one on my hip, small one on pec and 2 below my pec lol

everywhere else is clear as fuk cuzz

Eat Wild

Umm. No. Escherichia coli O157:H7, the serotype that has been causing illness and death in humans in the past couple of decades, is not dangerous because it is resistant to antibiotics (it's not particularly resistant to any antibiotic). It's dangerous because it evolved the ability to produce shiga-like toxins, as well as other virulence factors. The development of these factors is completely unrelated to any human activity. It's just natural variation in the gene pool of E. coli.

You're right about it's evolving being due to random gene variations and I worded my last post pretty badly. I wouldn't be so confident as you are to say that "the development of these factors is completely unrelated to any human activity" though. Afterall, evolution is driven by adaptive mutations.

This previously "unheard of" strain is allowed to wreak havoc because of the overuse of antibiotics in farm animals. If you read here and here you can see that most strains of E. Coli are resistant to antibiotics. The second link also points out that taking antibiotics for/while infected with the bacteria allows the environment the bacteria live in becomes more suitable to it, allowing it to thrive.

That plus the poor conditions of farms allows bacteria to evolve and spread. Hormones and antibiotics are the solution to everything. Also, I wasn't saying it's dangerous because it's resistant. It is dangerous because the way we allow it to get to a place where it is dangerous.

I definitely overstated my point in response to your post. I just didn't want people to walk away thinking that using antibiotics had created an E-coli strain that was dangerous to humans because it was drug resistant. The connection isn't at all that direct. It is possible that the stress of antibiotics pushed the dormant prophage infection that carries the shiga-like toxin code to be expressed. But there are countless other possible stressors as well.

I have some qualms with some of your specific points, but I don't want to hijack this post. And I agree with your general argument, the incredible overuse of antibiotics and hormones is causing problems we may not understand for decades (I'm vegetarian myself...for good reason).

Hey man Im so glad someone is trying this. I have always been curious and cant wait to see what impact it has bcz i might try it.

Good luck dude

What will change:

-Raw milk contains lactase (or something that makes it, not sure). You need this enzyme to break down lactose. So raw milk will fix your lactose sensitivity and malbsorbtion. Everyone probably has a little bit to less so it will help always. Since sensitivity is connected to (cystic/big) acne. It may help your acne.

ps. You dont have to take it constantly for this. When you fixed it it will stay good untill you do things like anti biotics

-I think there will be less inflamatory response. The dead bacteria arent good for your inflamation

-Make you healthier thus maybe fixing a little bit of acne

-If its organic less anti biotics and other shit will be in it. Also more nutrition.

What will stay the same: IGF-1 which plays a role in acne. But its not a huge role like some other factors. (For some its a bigger no then for others)

- Btw the raw milk doesnt help with allergic reactions (imumme response)

- If you use kefir with the raw milk you can boost the probiotic value even more

- Isnt it illegal in america?? Dont know where you live. There are ways to get it though. I think that it is legal to buy from a farm but a farm cant sell it to a shop which sells it to people.

Edited by joris

I think each state determines if it is legal to purchase for human consumption. It's illegal to purchase for human consumption where I live, but I believe you can purchase for animals.

Edited by clc111

Dude your SO lucky to have access to raw milk, take the chance by the throat and down the stuff! If it causes acne, lower the dose, but the difference between raw and supermarket milk is HUGE.

If I could get my hands on a well priced produce I would have no second thoughts.

Lol no it isn't illegal, not in the states and certainly not where i live and even if it was i would still drink it.

So i had 4 liters of whole raw milk yesterday haha and my skin is better than it has been in a long time. I have 3 non-inflamed pimples on my body that are all healing.

I am almost 100% sure my acne was caused by AAS and to a lesser degree, jerking off, a poor diet, lack of sun and a fucked up sleep schedule/lifestyle.

I am also taking cold showers when i shower which is not too often these days, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, i get lots of sun, 8+ hrs of sleep EVERY night, use NO supplements or products of any kind other than food, and other than milk i try to eat as primal as possible most days of the week, i also limit jerking off to no more than once every 4 or 5 days, and even less than that if i can.

Fucking love my life right now, feeling stoked as hell, smashing it up in the gym every day getting out there and meeting girls, and most importantly not giving a fuck what other people think.