Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
momof3boys

Cortisone shot didn't work, please help!

I'm totally at my wits end. I have moderate acne. I had a flare up when we moved and started Doryx. This worked last time, but this time was horrible, no matter how much sunblock I put on, i would get burnt just getting the mail. It also did nothing for my acne. Most cleared up on its own when i stopped Doryx, but I have one cyst that seems to have run its course, but now there is a clogged bump or something just under the skin. I had a cortisone shot Friday and it may have shrunk it a bit, but barely. It feels mostly flat, but when you make the skin tight, you can see the big white bump under neath (with no head). I have been using almost all natural products and have not picked this at all since it first came to a head over a month ago. (I've had this for 2 months). I have a RX for tetracycline in my house, but I'm afraid of the side effects and if Doryx didn't work, why would this one?

Should I try the tetracycline?

Should I get a facial and see if they can bring it to a head (I have tried everything) and drain it?

Get another injenction (if thats even an option)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

I've been using a method for 2 days now, and tell you what, my method is great! But it would be better if you buy Dan's Regimen.

Here's what I do:

Wake up > Boil Kettle(POOR COLD WATER IN) / Wait to it's boiled > Thin cloth/clothe / Poor your water into a pan > Clothe/Cloth over the pan > Put your face near the clothe/cloth(DOTN TOUCH IT). > Keep your face over for 5-8 Minutes.

Leave your skin to get some air. I personally go INTO the back garden.

------------------

After waiting around 15 minutes outside. Go upstairs, and put the tap on in the sink. Fill it up with COLD water, and use a soap to make the water cleaner.

Dunk your face in for 1 minute(don't worry, you don't have to leave your face under there for 60 secs :surprised: )

Spot Treatment you use // I use Clearisil

---------------------------

Wash your face clean with cold water, and dab it with a towel.

Dunk your face in for 1 minute // AGAIN

Apply Nivea or E45 Cream. Gently, apply to your face all over.

----------------------------

Put your Spot treatment on > I USE TCP, works like a chram

-------------------------------------

Apply Nivea or E45 Cream. Gently, apply to your face all over. // AGAIN

Dab face with a towel.

I've been doing 2 days(well 1 :P) now and I only have 4 white heads out of around 20 , and 2 Giant lumps.

Ill post later about your sunburn(if you were on about that :P)

I'm totally at my wits end. I have moderate acne. I had a flare up when we moved and started Doryx. This worked last time, but this time was horrible, no matter how much sunblock I put on, i would get burnt just getting the mail. It also did nothing for my acne. Most cleared up on its own when i stopped Doryx, but I have one cyst that seems to have run its course, but now there is a clogged bump or something just under the skin. I had a cortisone shot Friday and it may have shrunk it a bit, but barely. It feels mostly flat, but when you make the skin tight, you can see the big white bump under neath (with no head). I have been using almost all natural products and have not picked this at all since it first came to a head over a month ago. (I've had this for 2 months). I have a RX for tetracycline in my house, but I'm afraid of the side effects and if Doryx didn't work, why would this one?

Should I try the tetracycline?

Should I get a facial and see if they can bring it to a head (I have tried everything) and drain it?

Get another injenction (if thats even an option)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

That sounds like it's the kind that would benefit from gentle exfoliation (retinoid, salicylic acid, glycolic acid). That type will also eventually go away on its own by being absorbed back into the body. Exfoliation may cause it to develop into an actual, obvious pimple. Leaving it alone will likely not make it develop into anything and it will eventually go away.

You could also try putting on a bit of antibiotic ointment and a bandaid over night for a few nights and see if that softens the skin enough for it to purge itself without your intervention.

As it's flat, I wouldn't really do anything to it, except maybe the ointment and bandaid and then leaving it strictly alone.