Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newbly

went to the derm today, came out with alot of

I have mild/modereate acne. I have been using benzamycin for about 2 months now. With eh results. so today i went to the derm and she gave me differn, Minocycline, and more benzamycin. She told me to apply the benza in the morning, take mino twice aday and differn at night. Ive been reading some post's about differn and retin-a. Sounds pretty scary with all the horror stories about the intial breakout. What are your opinons on the following routine and medications. Ive alot of positive stuff about mino and soso stuff about benza. The differn on the other hand seems like everyone hates this stuff. She told me i didnt need Accu. What do you guys think?

Everybody is different, so don't be let down by other people's comments on those medicines. It may work well for you. Good luck!

Thanks smoyle, I needed to hear that lol. I did a search of Differin and wow it did not make me to happy. Even there websites said an initial breakout is going to happen. These next couple of weeks is going to suck, I also had some cool stuff planned. Everyone is coming back to baton rouge, lsu is about to start again. ill just suck it up and forwarn my friends about the storm that is brewing on my face. Argh you acne.

Have you talked to your derm about accutane? I was forcefed similar crap by my derm years ago - and those creams that he prescribed did nothing but overdry my face, cause slight scarring, and did not cure my cystic acne. Oh, the antibiotics. I went on an endless cycle of using an antibiotic and waiting 2 months for it to start working, then after it kicked in I would become resistant to it. ON to the next antibiotic....wash, rinse, repeat. With accutane I got clear skin with few side effects....if I had to do it over I would gone to a different doc and get accutane...it really was a miracle drug for me.

She actually brought up accutane. She said my case wasnt bad enough to consider it. And if this routine doesnt work we will give accutane a shot. This was my 1st visit to a derm for acne. If this doesnt help me in 3 months she said accutane will do it.

holy ur derm sounds like mine not only she told me the same thing to use except for minocycline, but she also said to put me on accutane if not work after 3 months. btw what cleanser u us

ps: keep me updated with the results ur getting wink.gif

What about aldactone instead of accutane?? I'm on that right now and it's supposed to have little or no side effects. So far, I've had no side effects from it and my hormonal cystic acne has cleared up amazingly. I think it's mainly for hormonal acne though, so if this is not what you suffer from, then maybe it's not for you. Just thought I'd mention it!

I put up with derm for over a year who didnt believe in roaccutane and so was given everything else- mino for 6 months, Differen, Sulfur solution, Salacylic acid Lotion some other antibiotics whose names I cant even remember. Nothing worked.

I finnaly became so frustrated that I changed derms and even though my acne was not severe it was having a severe effect on me emotionaly and this was enough for him to prescribe accutane. 4 days after seeing him when my bloodwork came through, I began taking accutane and now 26 days later I am the happiest guy ever.

Some people claim that accutane causes depression- well for me it has had the reverse effect. My depression was due to acne and I cant believe how good my skin looks after such a short time on the drug. I still have the red marks but they are nothing comparred to active acne and accutane has also improved the skin surrounding the marks and so they appear less noticeable.

I cant believe all the negative media about this drug- my worst side effect has been dry lips and I am rejoicing that I started to take this. :dance:

Well its been a week, taking mino every 12 (give or take an hour) hours, applying benza when i wake up and differin and little bit before i got to bed. I use cetaphil before each application. When i was put on this stuff I was in the middle of a break out. right now almost everything has gone down and are really bad red marks. Im not getting happy yet cause that intial breakout hasnt happened yet. Knock on wood, crosses fingers, all that stuff. The differin doesnt dry me out as bad as the benzamyicin. I have noticed that my T-zone has been producing alot more oil since starting of this routine. The mino doesnt bother my stomach at all which is good. The benzamycin is kinda embrassing in the morning cause i have white stuff all over my face. but i suck it up and let it absorb, and by the time lunch comes around, for the most part it has absorbed into my skin. The differin i use the amount they recommend, about the size of of pea. apply to my cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin. I rub it in, even though it is really hard to tell how well it is being absrobed. I havent touch a sip of alcohol since ive started, and been drinking a shit load of water. I also have maintained my healthy diet. Ill keep updating if anyone wants me to.

I have the exact same perscription as you: Mino twice a day, Differin at night, Benz in the morning, but I replaced the Benz with Dan's gel. It's clear, there's no white shit all over your face, and it doesn't irritate as much. Stick it in the freezer 5 minutes before putting it on, feels nice and people say works better too.

teplo how long have you been using these products? and are you clear? how long did it take you? What should I expect? Im going to stick with benza casue my derm insisted I listen to her and follow the routine, and if it doesnt work she will prescribe me accutane.

I've been using them for about 3 years, with a change in antibiotics once in a while (because your body gets immuned to them). My skin is not clear, but it's a lot better than when I started. I used to have cysts all over my face - deep, long ones, and now I have 4 or 5 small zits that go away in a few days. I've only been using Dan's gel for about 2 weeks, and my skin is showing improvement. Basically, as long as your skin is improving, keep doing what you're doing. When the antibiotic stops working, your derm will switch it probably, when you go through all the antibiotics, and they all stop working (like in my case), try switching the BP.

Lets see it been 5 maybe 6 weeks, and this routine is actaully working. I never had the intial outbreak usually associated with differin. Although the 1st week I did look worse then I ever had (might of been due to differin) it didnt make me breakout but it did make my skin look bad, hard to explain. right now I have one active zit, and one almost healed. Then of course redmarks and that are fading. Also my only two scars (pretty tiny, just have to look in the right light) are actually becoming lighter and less noticeable. My skin is smooth, except maybe one bump (tiny). I actaully love Differin. The benza actaully irratates me more then the differin. I look forward in the evening to applying differin. I have a derm appointment Sept. 8th to check up on weather or not I have made progress. Im supposed to use the stuff for 3 months before I make a judgement, and at this point Im pumped about what ill look like after the 3 months. I still try and eat healthly, harder now since school started. I also still try to drink alot of water, also harder now because of school. I also refrained from drinking alcohol, until last night. Also a culprit of school, LSU haha. In the right light it looks like i have clear skin is one way to put it. I also know im my hardest judge and after the horrible outbreaks during this summer im even more paranoid about acne. I just wanted to update and let the people who wanted to know how my progress is doing. Also to those people who were like me and read through all the posts about differin and only read horror stories, well here is one that isnt. I think Differin works and I like the stuff.

good to hear for u is doing good. but just to let u know. my skin was clearing up after the first tube of differin but for some reason rite after i started the 2nd tube i ended up having the bad looking skin i had the first week i was using my first tube with like 10 big new cysts but after a couple of days they going away again, but it tends to go away slower for me now than when i was first using it.

sounds like a pretty nifty regimen you've got prescribed there. Out of all the antibiotics minocin worked the best for me. Differn and Benzamycin are good products as well.

best of luck

She said my case wasnt bad enough to consider it. If this doesnt help me in 3 months she said accutane will do it.

I think it makes sense, my case isnt bad enough to be given accutane at the moment. We all know that accuntane is the strongest way to get rid of acne. So if by some unlucky reason my acne didnt clear up with this routine that accutane is my final option. Today im clear except one tiny tiny bump. I think im the only one who knows its there. Sorry to hear that this routine didnt work for others, but as of now im pretty much clear. its been 6 to 7 weeks, and I have another 5 till im supposed to see improvements. So im really excited. My scars are now actually flat which is pretty cool, now they are just red marks. So im just going to keep sticking to the routine exactly and see what happens. Like i said sorry if this routine didnt work for you, i know acne sucks...alot, good luck everyone. ill keep updating every so often i guess.

so someone mentioned "aldactone" here in this thread instead of Accutane for hormonal acne which is what i think i have!

Anybody know anything about it.

Also howcome everybody i hear about on this forum is taking Minocyn TWICE a day but my derm gave it to me and said ONCE a day and i have to say it hasnt't been working AT ALL preventing pimples like Tetracycline did for me (That which i took twice a day).

could he have mistaken?????? maybe i'm supposed to be taking it twice a day and tats why it aint been working.

I realize that Night, I didnt say i was cured but at that moment I was clear except one tiny tiny bump. Now i have 3 bumps that you can see if the light comes at a certain angle. So I know im not cured and that acne takes 7/8 weeks to form that is why Differin and those other companies insist you use there product at least 12 weeks. Which I havent been using the product for 12 weeks, so I still have progress. I have notice that if i do get a pimple that it goes away much quicker now then when I wasnt on this routine, which is something. Hmmm most of these replies seem negative and arent the most supportive posts in the world, oh well, Ill keep you guys posted. I have derm appointment tommrow (Sept. 8th). This is to see if this routine helped me at all, which it did. My guess is that she willl tell me to keep it up for another two months and go back and see my progress.