Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zab

Jojoba Oil Broke Me Out

Lots of 2.5% BP was starting to help my skin, but was making it peel and flake a lot, as is to be expected. I was excited to add Jojoba oil (Desert Essence, pure) to combat that effect, and while it got rid of a lot of flakiness, it almost instantly caused all my acne to flare up at full force again; I mean overnight, it went from fairly steady improvement to being jettisoned back to square one.

Has anyone else had this experience? I was very surprised, considering all the positive things I'd heard about jojoba oil, and it being non-comedogenic... How disheartening.

I tried jojoba oil because of all the positive reviews but it broke me out, too! I knew it was issue when my forehead started to break out like crazy because that's one area that is relatively clear for me.

One thing I have learned in finding something that works is that everyone is different. For one thing, everyone has different triggers and figuring those out can be hard enough! Then having to find something for your specific type of acne...it can be really tiring and frustrating. Everyone just has to experiment I guess and see what works for them