Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pirouette

Every pore on nose reclogging itself in one day

Hello!

The pores on my nose have always been clogged and the only way to relieve them of this sebum is to squeeze all the tiny pores on my nose. For years it hasn't been much of a problem, I would do this once a week or so and I would be clear for a bit, but lately it's become more severe. I relieve the pores at night and then by the next night all the pores are completely filled again. If I were to leave my pores alone for a week or so and let the acne fester it creates very minuscule bumps on my nose. Does anyone know the proper name for this type of acne and what can I do to put an end to this? It's got me so frustrated! :(

Note: I am currently taking 800 IU of Vitamin E orally daily, 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily, and applying Vitamin E oil to my face every night. (If it wasn't for the Vitamin E oil my face would be a thousand times redder from all the irritation I'm causing from relieving my pores)

Thanks for any advice you can give on the situation!

I have the exact same problem with my nose, I really don't know what to say, there really isn't too much you can do, masks have helped me slightly but not too much, though I have noticed that they (the pores) are a bit smaller than they were before. Try something like a Tea Tree Oil mask or the famous Egg Whites Mask.

[Does anyone know the proper name for this type of acne and what can I do to put an end to this? It's got me so frustrated! :(

It is called sebaceous filament(open pores with solidified sebum) they will always be their. The only way I've heard of ridding them for good is accutane, other than that just try to keep them under control with nose pore strips. Be careful when picking at the nose because it tends to scar easier especially with keloid type scarring. I've found BP, salcytic acid and retin a do not do much for the nose ether. One thing I've tried that helped gently manually exfoliate the nose causing no harm is a product I got at sephora called blu-ray polishing cloths made by cargo(google it). I hope any of this helps!

I have those too. I do not recommend using nose strips because not only are they bad at sucking things out of your pores, they also enlarge your pores. And the bigger your pores are, the easier the dirty stuff can get inside them.

Also, never squeeze those pores UNLESS you do it properly. What I mean is, instead of squeezing with your fingernails, buy a pimple needle and use it for squeezing.

I went to a beauty salon last week and they picked out all the dirty stuff out of my pores for me. And it hurt like heck. But it felt really clean afterwards.

I saw her rub the pimple needle with alcohol before squeezing everytime and after squeezing my whole face, she applyed a mask on my face. My face was red but the next morning, all the redness was gone and pores were so clean.

For now, I go to a beauty salon every few weeks and have them pick out all the bad stuff out of my face. It really helps.

Thank you so much for all the advice!

@ThePaperBagPrincess

Aren't they a pain?! I use a Clean & Clear Clay Mask and it used to work wonders, but my skin isn't clearing up the same as it used to. I'm going to try both of your suggestions, since masks seem to work the best.

@goinon7yrsacne

I've heard horrid things about Accutane, do you think this sort of acne is severe enough to go on this medication? I exfoliate with an apricot sand scrub I bought (it's nothing fancy) and it does nothing. I probably need something a little better, are the exfoliating pads you use pricey?

@BenLiuki

I've also heard bad things about nose strips so I'll stay away from them. My pores are increasing in size enough by all the squeezing I do. I ALWAYS squeeze with my fingernails. :redface: To be honest, my face looks even worse when I pick at it. And I have developed loads of scars over the years due to this. Could I use a sterilized sewing needle or is there a specific needle necessary for acne?

Thank you so much for all the advice!

@BenLiuki

I've also heard bad things about nose strips so I'll stay away from them. My pores are increasing in size enough by all the squeezing I do. I ALWAYS squeeze with my fingernails. :redface: To be honest, my face looks even worse when I pick at it. And I have developed loads of scars over the years due to this. Could I use a sterilized sewing needle or is there a specific needle necessary for acne?

It's true that squeezing your pores can give you scars. BUT if you do it the right way, you would not get scars. Like I said, i go to a beauty salon and have them do it for me and I have never gotten a scar from all their squeezing.

Here's what an acne needle is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033P6WW...ASIN=B0033P6WWY

Heres what you should do. Open up your pores by steaming your face, then disinfect the acne needle with rubbing alcohol before you pick/squeeze. After you are done, apply a mask or essential oil (this is very important, if you miss this step, redness would be hard to go away).

With this needle, you never have to use your fingernails again and you should never touch your face with fingernails because they contain lots of bacteria. Just buy an acne needle and everytime you use it, remember to rub it with alcohol. This is the safest way to pick/squeeze your pores.

Just don't squeeze or even touch your face with fingernails anymore...it is very very very bad. Pick and squeeze your pores the safe way and it would help your skin tremendously.

Edited by BenLiuki