Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
300ZX

I'm new to this forum...it sucks !

No I don't think this forum sucks, I think my acne problem sucks...I guess it isn't a cool thing to say to people I joined the acne forum...but I know its going to benefit me a lot with so many people here to help treat my acne problem !

I started getting acne around October 03 and severe acne around December. I HATE it ! I was the kinda guy who thought acne will never hit me because I had smooth skin until 18 years old. I guess I was very wrong...Anyway I need help !

My acne are bascially all gone..Thanks to The Regimen (I found it about 1 1/2 months ago). And I know how to deal with pimples now when one pops up. Just put the BP on it (i use 2.5% neutrogena). It works great.

But I also used neutrogena Oil Free Wash (as a cleanser) and neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment (as moisturizer)all together. This might have caused my skin to dry up and leaving a rough complexion. I still have all the marks and people can clearly see I had a breakout. Now that I stopped putting BP all over my face but just on pimples, I started getting whiteheads, A LOT of it.

How should I treat my skin?

Many many many many thanks in advance!

300ZX

I still have all the marks and people can clearly see I had a breakout. Now that I stopped putting BP all over my face but just on pimples, I started getting whiteheads, A LOT of it.

How should I treat my skin?

The big thing to remember is that everyone is different. You'll need to experiment a little to see what works the best for you.

I notice that you call yourself 300ZX. I assume that you have a Z? I have a 1992 300ZX TT, pearl white.

betterdays:

Thanks a lot for the links and advice.

I think this forum helps to cure my acne problem both mentally and physically. Before I didn't know where to get help from because none of my family members have acne problem and I panicked. Now that I know you guys are here to help I can relax and let my acne cure without worrying too much.

I will stick to the BP as it works GREAT for me and use a real moisturizer afterwards (I overlooked this process when I started The Regimen). This might have made my skin over dry and turned rough.

You have any suggestions whether or not I should use the other two lotions? Oil Free Wash (as a cleanser) and neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment (as moisturizer). They are all for acne treatment. Is BP good enough?

Many many many thanks again!

300ZX

michaelc80:

Yeah I'm still seeing what's best for me. Like which cleanser and moisturizer I should use...

Not yet man but I'll own one very soon ! The Z32 is my all time favorite. I'm going to colllege this August and I'll get it once I familiarize with all the roads and places.

How much are you paying insurance? I'm only 18. I want to get the basic manual 2 seater version.

Sorry administration for being off topic. Lets have some fun. tongue.gif

300ZX

Hiya again,

I don't know that cleanser or that moisturizer. Sorry. Does someone else here know anything about those?

Until you find out more, I'd say: if they are working for you, keep them. A lot of people find additional acne meds (like might be in those two products) aren't necessary, and actually cause excess irritation when using BP at the same time. Other people, like me on the other hand, DO use additional meds with little or no problem. You asked about just the BP being enough, it is for many people when they give it enough time to do it's work (4-8-12 weeks). The longer you're here (hopefully you'll find your cure quick though!) you'll find out there's more than one attack plan for acne that works for people. (Thankfully!) Hope that helps smile.gif

300ZX, I'm glad that BP is working so well for you. I would recommend you try another cleanser and moisturiser, since that is probably too many acne products at once - and many people here seem to have had bad experiences with Clearasil products. For a cleanser, you could try Cetaphil, if you're in the States - if you're elsewhere, there are other good products. And are you using a sunblock? It's really important if you are using that much BP. I have had good luck with Paula's Choice SPF15 non-greasy sunblock, but you have to order that off the internet, which some people don't like. Other people may have other recommendations.

Good luck!

Insurance isn't bad on the Z for me because I'm 42 with a clean MVR. I also store it winters (here in Iowa) so I don't pay for a full year of full coverage. Only about 9 or 10 months worth.

To keep it on topic, I think driving the Z with the tops off helps my attitude, which in turn helps my acne! :twisted:

I dont really want to welcome you, because if I welcome you this mean you are going to suffer the acne pain just like everyone of us in the forum.

GOD when the hell are we going to have a real quick cure for acne instead of spending money every month for treatments!!! sad.gif

BTW, I drive an Altezza just in case you wanted to know! :wink:

Hi 300ZX and welcome to the forums! Hope you can find some help here. smile.gif

The Neutrogena Oil-Free wash can be brutal. It dries me out so bad--and I have non-sensitive, tough, oily skin. I would recommend a gentler cleanser (at least just to start out with.) Everybody's skin is different--but I'd recommend establishing a gentler Regimen until you know what your skin can tolerate.

I like Clearasil Sensitive Skin Face Wash, because it really has nothing in it except a mild antibacterial agent, and it's never dried up my skin. Some people like Cetaphil, some people like the transparent Neutrogena soaps. If you're getting great results with the Oil-Free wash, maybe try using it just once a day or every other day.

If you're doing BP cream all over as usual, and you're still feeling dry, I'd recommend a gentler moisturizer too. I don't know which Clear Pore product you're using, but most of them in that line contain BP or SA--which might be too much for your skin right now. I'd suggest keeping it simple for now until you find out what works better for you. I personally use Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for Combination Skin, and it doesn't feel greasy or nasty at all.

Somebody mentioned the red marks--I use a glycolic acid toner. It's the one from my Proactiv starter pack, though there are plenty of other toners out there that contain it. It seems to make my skin look younger and healthier and red marks go away much faster.

The salicylic acid can be great too--I use C&C Advantage Acne Wash every other day. (It's a lot gentler than the Oil-Free stuff.)

It really is a matter of mixing and matching. Everybody's skin is different, so you gotta try things and see what works. Over the past month or so I've gradually found a personal Regimen that works for me.

Good luck!