Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayQ

Spot Treating

Does anyone do it and find better success than with other spot treating regimens or methods?

I've always thought of spot treating as just chasing pimples around. They are already formed at that point. It makes much more sense to try and prevent them from occurring in the first place.

BP works best as a preventative, imo.

If you strictly want something to spot treat, you might try AHA lotion. Dan likes it as a spot treatment.

I've always thought of spot treating as just chasing pimples around. They are already formed at that point. It makes much more sense to try and prevent them from occurring in the first place.

If you strictly want something to spot treat, you might try AHA lotion. Dan likes it as a spot treatment.

I have tried to use BP all over but it never prevented my acne from forming plus just made my skin more irritated and flaky no matter how much moisturizer i used. Also tried AHA and it didnt really do anything. I just use BP to spot on pimple because it seems that it makes it come to a head quicker to extract and then helps dry it up quicker and start the healing process.

I have tried to use BP all over but it never prevented my acne from forming plus just made my skin more irritated and flaky no matter how much moisturizer i used. Also tried AHA and it didnt really do anything. I just use BP to spot on pimple because it seems that it makes it come to a head quicker to extract and then helps dry it up quicker and start the healing process.

Well, if it's working for you and you are happy, then keep on keepin' on.

Also, keep in mind that Dan has a new spot treatment in the works. Check out the blog for updates. http://www.acne.org/blog/