Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poppaman123

Accutane without insurance.

Dear acne.org members,

I am 20 years old and I have been suffering from acne for six years now. I am currently considering taking Accutane after hearing and also seeing pictures of all the amazing things it has done for people. However, I currently have no health insurance, and was wondering if anyone had a good estimate of how much it would cost for a trip through Accutane valley lol. I know the costs of doctor visits vary from place to place, but if anybody has a guess of around the costs of doctor visits and/or blood work, it would be greatly appreciated.

After reading many different articles from many different people, I found there are many different ways to go about this journey. I just want to try and save as much money as possible, I can surely afford it, but I cannot figure out which way would be the most efficient. I am unsure of what it would completely cost for doctor visits, blood work, etc. I have thought of a couple of scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Pay for doctor visits

Pay for blood work

Pay for Accutane(Order generic from Canada)

Scenario 2:

Buy insurance for a couple of months and finish Accutane and let insurance expire.

Scenario 3:

No doctor visits or blood work.

Pay for Accutane(Order generic from Canada)

I know it is risky, but I honestly feel as if I am very healthy and do not really need doctor visits or blood work done. And I've read enough articles(including the guide on these forums!) about making the journey as smooth as possible.

Sorry for the long post.This has been something I have been thinking about for a while(a year), but have been stalling for a long time. However, I believe it is the right time. If anyone has ANY useful tips or comments, like what distributor you bought the Generic Accutane from or which brand is good, please let me know, you would definitely be helping a friend out! Thank you in advance.

There is no such thing as ordering generic accutane from Canada without perscription. Seriously. We have strict drug laws here just like the USA so accutane is a regulated drug here too. Anything you order from a so-called "generic Canadian pharmacy" is going to be fake. This is especially true if the drug requires a prescription.

Well you actually CAN get Accutane from overseas without a prescription but it's hit or miss as to whether or not it's real. You should probably be safe and get it in the U.S. Who knows what you will get if you order it illegally...

In terms of doctor's visits, I used to be on Accutane and stopped seeing my doctor because I cancelled my insurance and it was a pretty horrible mistake. I am an extremely fit person (work out 5 times a week and run 2 times a week) with no medical conditions whatsoever until I took Accutane. Even without my doctor, I stayed on it for 3 months and I found out afterward that my liver got really messed up from it, my cholesterol was off the charts, and for a good amount of time I was stuck with joint pains, back pains, chronic fatigue, and many other side effects that could have been avoided if I had just seen a doctor while on my medication.

I got insurance again and I am now on my second round of Accutane with regular checkups. Needless to say, I am feeling a lot better and my doctor has given me some extra supplements to help with the side effects.

Well you actually CAN get Accutane from overseas without a prescription but it's hit or miss as to whether or not it's real. You should probably be safe and get it in the U.S. Who knows what you will get if you order it illegally...

Well you CAN, but not from Canada :P I have before, but I'm sure not going to talk about that.

Woops! Sorry didn't read that part of the board rules. Won't happen again. So I'll definitely just go through with the doctor visits and prescriptions. ha. Thanks guys. But does anyone know how much would the dermatologist visit cost without insurance?