Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoRo26

MAC artists

Has anyone ever been to one? I need help for the right color for me. Just wondering if they are reliable enough. Or should I look somewhere else to help me find the right shade? suggestions?

I've been made over by a MAC artist once for my homecoming dance. They're pretty reliable if you tell them SPECIFICALLY what type of look/colors you want. If you don't, theres an 80% chance they'll make you look like a prostitute. MAC is very well known for their dramatic, glam, stage looks, but you can use their stuff to look natural as well.

lol, been there. I had my makeup done by clinique for my Prom. Thank god I had a run through the day before. It took like 5 tries before the lady got my eyes looking right. I had a different lady do my makeup the day of and she ended up completely redoing my foundation cause iwhat they put on the day before was completely wrong, and we went through 8 lipsticks before finding a good one.

Im just so picky I guess rolleyes.gif But I like my makeup totally natural looking... which I guess they arent used to for prom makeovers.

If you're wanting to have your makeup done... just dont be afraid to say you dont like something. But it's a lot of fun smile.gif

Cooool...thanks guys!

There´s a mac store near me, so I might go check it out. Tigress, I totally agree that I should be very specific about how I want to look, and I´m going for the natural look too. Prostitute? lol.gif um. no. Not the look I´m going for either. *cough* Now, in private, it might come in handy... wink.gif

*hi urangel*

Yep, I have smile.gif

If you want a full face makeover, you should call in ahead of time and book an appointment. Here, a makeover is $30 Canadian, which can be put towards your purchase (so you can buy $30 worth of MAC and get the makeover for free).

At the MAC by me, they do free consultations and will do one feature for free (like face, eyes, or lips). smile.gif

They are good at what they do, but like others have said, make sure to let them know what you want!