Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wigan_lad10

Is it normal to work this fast?

Edit: The title should say " Is it possible to have an effect this early", oh well.

Well I started the regimen, wednesday, and I have also been sunbathing this week which always helps. But before this week my acne was beginning to come back, I would have said it was moderate at most with quite a lot of red spots, some were moderate in size but not as big as ones I used to get when it was bad.

Anyway Today I am finding the redness almost completely gone.... I have always been a picker ( I know I shouldn't but sometimes I do it without thinking and then realise iv done it, I feel this made it worse which was my fault.) I made an effort since late last week that I wouldn't pick them this time even though the cream made my face extremely itchy. But only one new spot has come up since monday.... and I have also changed my diet which started last week as well in which I only drink water and I eat very healthy.

I mean is it possible that all of these combined have helped? or maybe I eliminated something I was eating/drinking/doing that caused my acne to come back? Or is it that a breakout will come sometime early next week and its just waiting to come out? I mean when I used to have moderate-severe cystic acne, it was never not red in the acne areas, only when it began to heal did the redness begin to fade.

I am just wondering, treatment doesn't usually work this fast, especially on acne. This is why I am wondering if it is just I havn't broke out yet. I have had BP creams/washes in the past so my skin is used to it, I was wondering if this is why it could be working quicker? If that is even possible.

Edited by Wigan_lad10

Check out the What To Expect page for an idea of how you might progress. For many people, it's normal to experience some improvement during the first week or so, as the BP helps to dry up the acne that's already surfaced. It's not uncommon for this initial clearing to be followed by a breakout, though, unfortunately.

It's all part of the process though. Just keep going. : )

Ok I will look at it. Also I am using E45 cream as a moisturiser at the moment as I havn't had time to shop. Is this ok to use? Or should I switch to another product

Well E45 cream can be used for dry skin.

Heres a description :

Light and pleasant to use, E45 Cream’s an effective, non-greasy emollient that’s been clinically proven to treat and soothe dry, itchy, flaky, rough or chapped skin. We also recommend it for more serious dry skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis. It’s quickly and easily absorbed and works by replacing lost moisture and forming a protective barrier, leaving your skin feeling soft and comfortable again.

Heres what it contains :

Active Ingredients: White Soft Paraffin BP 14.5% w/w, Light Liquid Paraffin Ph Eur 12.6% w/w, Hypoallergenic Anhydrouse Lanolin (Medilan r) 1.0% w/w.

Also Contains: Glyceryl Monostearate, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium cetostearyl Sulphate, Carbomer, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate, Purified Water.

Not really sure if its good or not, its just what was available as I didnt want my skin to get dry.