Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
missy...

sick and tired of flaky skin

im on dans regimen and im at my wits end with my flaky skin i have tried what seems like everything. i moisturise ALOT ive even tried exfoliating and everything just doesnt seem to work for me! plus jojoba oil doesnt seem to be for me.

its really hard for when i go out i wash, apply little amount of bp in morning moisturise leave it then it gets flaky so i moisturise abit more then apply makleup. by this time my skin looks ok . hoever after about an hour and a half my face starts to get soo flaky and it crcks as i smile and move my face all this flaky skin falls of and ruins my whole put on face. grrrrrrrr

PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE

any suggestions?

I haven't had experience with it this bad :( So I'm sorry!!

Two things I like:

Vaseline mask. Pure vaseline and slather it on until it sinks in... can take hours.

Clean & Clear in shower facial!! It's citrus

nope you see i used to do that before and the the full finger length seems to be working excellent at preventing new breakouts.i know only have one spot which is going away one which is a nodule or cyst well its going away and i think its getting a head this is on my right cheek (they used to be blackheads before) the rest is clear i just have red marks and few scars.

its just the flaky skin. im scared that if i cut back on the bp ill break out i did tht before i was on the regimen n were one of the mistakes i made.

yep but they do owrk dont get me wrong my skin feels so soft and smooth but after a few hours it gets flaky again. im currently using olay spf15 in morning and dans at night time however im going to change to cetaphil at night time and olay during the day with few drops of oils? any suggestions? what about almond or anyother ones?

im thinkin of this what about this>

Product Description:

Jason Vitamin E Oil 5,000 IU - 95% Organic, Jason Vitamin E Oil 5,000 I.U. nourishes, moisturizes and helps regenerate the skin. This natural antioxidant combination of Almond, Apricot, Avocado and Wheat Germ Oil protects against fine lines and wrinkles, leaving skin silky smooth.

This vitamin oil's ability to deeply penetrate the skin has made it one of the most widely used natural oils today. Topical application of natural Vitamin E can help prevent the damage from the environmental elements. Applying Vitamin E after sun or wind exposure can help ease sunburn and soothe skin.

Topical use of natural Vitamin E helps decrease the appearance and roughness of wrinkles. This vitamin oil helps improve elasticity and helps promote healing of damaged skin.

INGREDIENTS FOR Jason Vitamin E Oil:

• Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil* and/or Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil*

• Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

• Natural Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

• Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil

• Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil

• Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil

• Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil

• Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil

• Lecithin

• Essential Oil Blend

* Certified Organic

or this

Product Description:

JASON Aloe Vera Beauty Oil - 100% Organic JASON 100% Certified Organic Aloe Vera Oil instantly relieves dryness and protects against sun damage. Rich and healing, skin is softened and nourished. This Pure organic Beauty Oil leaves skin satiny smooth. Mild and gentle for sensitive skin!

INGREDIENTS FOR USE OF JASON Aloe Vera Beauty Oil - 100% Organic:

• Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil

• Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel

• Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil

• Certified Organic

what do you think?

See how things go with the Cetaphil. I was using a Clean & Clear moisturizer when I started The Regimen that just didn't moisturize enough to help with the flakiness, so after a few months, I switched over to Cetaphil, and voila! No more flakes.

The Cetaphil can feel a bit heavy at first, but it works really well, and you'll get used to the way it feels.

I'm having this very same problem :( I use the CeraVe lotion in the morning. Tell me if you find something that works for you I'd really appreciate it

Hey, if you're having alot of issues with the flakey skin, why don't you moisturize with JUST jojoba oil in the morning (this is what I do). Sometimes my skin is so flakey I just don't do the BP twice a day. See if that works for you. I ALSO use the cetaphil mosisturiser and LOVE it...it DOES seem thick but our skin still seems to love it. The last 3 days ive used just jojoba in the morning, then SPF of course, and that has taken care of 80% of the flakiness problem. Stick with the regimen it is awesome, you will soon find what works best for you =)

im on dans regimen and im at my wits end with my flaky skin i have tried what seems like everything. i moisturise ALOT ive even tried exfoliating and everything just doesnt seem to work for me! plus jojoba oil doesnt seem to be for me.

its really hard for when i go out i wash, apply little amount of bp in morning moisturise leave it then it gets flaky so i moisturise abit more then apply makleup. by this time my skin looks ok . hoever after about an hour and a half my face starts to get soo flaky and it crcks as i smile and move my face all this flaky skin falls of and ruins my whole put on face. grrrrrrrr

PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE

any suggestions?

Jojoba really works wonders for dry skin. Everything you described, I also had when first starting the regimen. If you've just recently started using jojoba oil, give it about a week or two to really work. Even after incorporating jojoba into my lotion, my skin was still flaky and dry for about a week and a half. Also make sure you're using enough drops of it in your lotion; people who use soft water can use less jojoba, but if you're in a house that has hard water I would use more. Hard water is extremely drying.

Also make sure the jojoba oil isn't expired and is good quality. I had a bad experience buying expired jojoba from Vitamin Shoppe once.

If all else fails, try to find a moisturizer that contains AHA. I personally use Eucerine PLUS Intensive Repair which has AHA in it. If I use any other moisturizer, even the cetaphil one, I will get horrible dry skin...even when using jojoba oil with it.

aww thank you so much everyone help is much appreciated. i will try all of the things you guys have told me and ill let everyone know how it goes

im having the same problem :( no matter what i do i cant get rid of the flaky skin i cant literally scrape it off with my finger which is disgusting! make up jus doesnt go on nice anymore either and my boyfriend keeps pointing it out to me which is so embarassing. Im on meds from my doctor but i jus need anything to keep this flaky skin under control jojoba oil breaks me out! so if anyone could help me out it be much appreciated :) xx

For me, Olay by itself even with jojoba isn't moisturizing enough alone. I thoroughly moisturize my face with plenty of Cetaphil and a few drops of jojoba, then put the olay on top to get the SPF benefits.