Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
worriedshoes

you know what's more depressing and embarrassing than acne?

I am sitting here all alone on the couch, with an ice cube to my lip, feeling completely hideous. I had to cancel all my weekend plans with the pathetic lie that I have food poisoning.

I HATE MY LIFE.

Certainly are ugly, sometimes painful and very annoying!

Once you get that tingling feeling on your lip.. get some cream on it! if it's already showing it's too late.. always have a tube of cream at the ready to prevent it surfacing, if you catch it time with the cream (aciclovir ingredient) you will never see a cold sore again!

Doesn't help you much now, but remember for next time.

Cold sores are a bummer. I use to get them pretty often, especially when it was warmer weather. I finally found the cure...I use Campo-phenique everyday to prevent getting cold sores. I apply a thin layer in the morning, before applying chapstick. You can buy it at any drug store. It's a little tingly, but great for preventing cold sores.

i used to get them 1-3 a year. i think i bought abreva once but after $16 for a dinky little thing i said, "forget that" i get them when my lips get chapped. so i slather, and i mean seriously slather my lips with carmex and i end up not getting one. carmex is fantabulous.

I usually get them 1-3 times a year, too. But seriously, it doesn't take YEARS for a cold sore to dissappear. If they dissappear at all, that is.

I agree whole heartedly. I hate my fucking parents for giving me this disease. It ruins my life. I don't know why I didn't kill myself in the past when I had both a cold sore breakout and my face and upperbody infested with acne.

Edited by UFOrescue

@UFOrescue

Hey, I'm pretty sure you can get pills! My sister told me that she had gotten some pills from her doctor, which she should take, when she felt it coming.