Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rapscallion

Minocycline, Doxycycline

This might be a stupid question, but If i had an allergic reaction to Minocycline; does this mean for sure I will have an allergic reaction to anything in the tetracycline family? like Doxycycline for instance,

I don't know much about them, but are they different from eachother enough that I might have a reaction to one and not the other?

Thanks

Heya

I had a severe flushing reaction to Minocycline but haven't experienced this with Doxy. I believe people experience less serious side effects with Doxy, but Doxy appears to make you much more sun sensitive.

Hope this helps, Shantelle

Well, I have had allergic reactions to both doxycycline and minocycline. I took doxycycline first and had some problems with it, so I was told to stop taking it, but my doctor wasn't sure it was an allergic reaction to the medicine until I tried minocycline and had a reaction with it also. So now I will not take anything in the tetracycline antiobiotics group. My grandmother always had an allergy to tetracyclines, so I guess I inherited that from her.

This might be a stupid question, but If i had an allergic reaction to Minocycline; does this mean for sure I will have an allergic reaction to anything in the tetracycline family? like Doxycycline for instance,

I don't know much about them, but are they different from eachother enough that I might have a reaction to one and not the other?

Thanks

what kind of reaction was it??