Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
losingconfidence

is plastic surgery a hope?

i have deep chicken pox scar on my face and at the same time deep acne scars plus large pores because of acne..my derma even said that i wasted my skin because in some area it really is smooth without any pores at all..it's just that i pricked my face everytime and made it worse..if i could only turn back time i will just let my face heal on itself..but since now that the damage has been done and scars are all over my face..all i can do is to find a way how to get rid of them or simply improve them..from what ive read there is really no effective treatment that can solve it all..i mean there's a lot of treatments out there but the results are really not that good. These scars are ruining my life..i dont even want my boyfriend to look at me and i only allow him to look at me when it's dark or when my scars are not that visible..and i also try to cover my face anywhere i go and was always looking down..i cant go on like this..can plastic surgery really make the scars fade away or at least improve them? im really desperate...im willing to do anything but im just afraid that plastic surgery might make it worse..what to do? advice me pls :(

Firstly - dont blame yourself for getting scars. Its not your fault. Most of my scars are from pimples i left alone to heal by itself.

Secondly - there are many treatments available but it depends what type of scarring do you have. I'm sure if you post a picture, the veterans will advise you ;)

Losing, it was a PS who told me that Fraxel Re:store would not work. Lucky for me Fraxel Re:pair was introduced about a year later. As a female you have better options when it comes to plastic surgery and some PS are even reluctant to do a face lift on a man. It would be wise to do a ton of research into plastic surgery and other treatment combinations. I am no doctor (although I watch Dr House regularly) but logic would dictate that anything you can do to improve a scar before undergoing plastic surgery would improve the longevity of your procedure. You didn't mention your age so I will assume you are young. As you age your skin will relax and untreated scars will reappear with a vengence.

P.S. everybody on this forum is desperate :excl:

Losing, it was a PS who told me that Fraxel Re:store would not work. Lucky for me Fraxel Re:pair was introduced about a year later. As a female you have better options when it comes to plastic surgery and some PS are even reluctant to do a face lift on a man. It would be wise to do a ton of research into plastic surgery and other treatment combinations. I am no doctor (although I watch Dr House regularly) but logic would dictate that anything you can do to improve a scar before undergoing plastic surgery would improve the longevity of your procedure. You didn't mention your age so I will assume you are young. As you age your skin will relax and untreated scars will reappear with a vengence.

P.S. everybody on this forum is desperate :excl:

Im 18 right now but sometimes i wish to age up already and have loose skin so that i can do facelift and so the scars would look shallower :) Really desperate i am..because sometimes i tend to stretch my skin and the scars would fade. Uhm if i got you right, you mean i must treat my scars as early as now that im still young? Sorry im poor in english :)

I believe PS can mean a lot however results vary from person to person so there aren't any garuantees. But e.g. redness can be treated with lasers very well. And I hear some people with ice pick scars speak highly of TCA cross... But it might be so that what bothers you now, might not bother you as much in a few years. That could also be the case. You never know. :)

In any case, good luck should you choose to get treated. I wish I could be of more help.