Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There is no way no one made a thread about this but I do not see one and I'm going to take a stab at it. Has anyone avoided being in a picture because of the way their face looked that day? I always avoided pictures because I didn't want people to have pictures of me with my face all broken out. I didn't want people posting them everywhere so everyone could see how bad my face looked that day. The sad part is, I only could get a semi-clear day once in a very long time with tons of concealer.

Does anyone else feel that senior pictures are really fake? I didn't even get any because I'm so self conscious of myself. I knew they would just make my face look like it's porcelain when it isn't. I feel like if I was giving that picture to someone, it wouldn't even look like me because it's fake. It's sad that acne sometimes defines us as a person. I know people obviously want to look like they have clear skin in senior pictures (I mean people remembering you with blemishes all over your face would be ridiculous?!?!) but it just seems like it's not hiding anything and I still feel the way I do.

yeah i dont like pictures.. i haven't taken one in over 2 years. mainly the red face is why i avoid. The camera flash + acne dont go so well :(

Edited by David-

yeah it's fake. we didn't even wear a real suit, it was some fake-suit thing.

in retrospect, the fake suit was pretty cool.

Yep. There's a large span of my life (roughly from ages 19-31) missing from my mom's photo albums.

Ughh I have to do senior pics soon and I'm just avoiding it.... I just hate how I look in pics on general. My nose looks weird and my eyes are squinty and my skin is shiny. It's just bad

I normally run from cameras like they're carrying the plague, however I did have a senior picture and I really liked how it turned out. It was a profile shot (because one side of my face is better than the other) and was taken from a distance so no one could see every little imperfection-- my skin actually looked flawless (and believe me it's not). I wish all pictures were this flattering, but unfortunately almost anytime I see a picture of myself my self-esteem takes a huge hit.

I didnt even take pictures the day of my own graduation. The only reason I did senior pics was for my mom and because I knew they were going to be photoshopped.

I didn't want to take pictures on graduation but I've been able to avoid them all the time up until that point. I took a few because my parents forced me too and hopefully they didn't turn out like utter crap. (yes I actually have avoided looking at them...sometimes I feel like i'm in denial)

Edited by CheyCheyenne

i hate taking photos but sometimes have to suck it up... i avoid them as much as I can, and people don't get it, they get mad at me and if they understood why they wouldn't be so snippy.

it's not just acne for me, i just take bad photos...soooo yeah

I never really liked having my picture taken anyway, but when Im broken out I make sure to avoid cameras. At my prom/graduation and stuff I obviously had to take pictures but I was not happy about it. I kept thinking how much I didnt want to do it then its hard to look happy and smile. That just made them that much worse.

Chey I don't even look at myself in the mirror. Thats denial.

No I used to do that too. My mirrors at home aren't so bad but when I look in the car mirror out in the sun or @ mirrors that have good lighting around them, I would quickly look away in disgust. It's not that bad anymore but in good mirrors I still do look away because of how much they magnify everything.

I HATE CAMERAS! Every time I see one nearby, I "suddenly" need to go to the toilet. And stay there for a while. The only camera I like, is my webcam - on certain days.

And yeah, the day you HAVE TO take a picture, your face looks much worse than usual. Lol.

Yeah, the last school picture I took was my freshman picture.

I agree about the pictures with friends though, one day you're gonna wish you had something to look at.

Senior pictures were three years ago for me but I remember being upset after I got them because my skin looked flawless. In reality, it was pretty broken out. I was upset for several weeks because I felt like it was a cruel reminder of what I could never have.

A lot has changed since then, but those emotions are difficult to go through. It's hard to be okay with what you look like in pictures but I think I've come to that place. It's also best to accept that sometimes you will be caught off guard, in a bad light, or at a bad angle. Once you accept that, it's a lot easier to simply take pictures for what they are. Wonderful memories that you can look back on. =)

I actually put off taking my senior pictures and yearbook pictures for so long that they came to my classroom and forced me to have a yearbook picture taking in school. I didn't smile and I didn't even notice until later when I got to see it. Yep...my senior yearbook picture

Yeah. My senior pictures were horrible. My face was pretty broken out then. It hurt my feelings to see when I got them back in my proof book how horrible it really was on camera. I could see everything. So, after we got the proof book, my mom immediately asked if "it" was going to get taken out, and I just wanted to hide in shame. My grandma actually asked to keep one of the proofs from that book, too. >_<

But yeah, I always did avoid pictures. I just recently told one my close friends that was why I never wanted to take them. She said, "Yeah, I know; I could tell it really upset you to take them." Now, I'm more open to taking them. I'm glad I'm at a better place now.

ohgosh i forgot about the proofs. OMG AWFUL.

I looked shitty, and my acne looked baaaad.

thank god i took at least one decent one and it was edited.

ALSO: i remember I was trying so hard not to cry when I got the proofs

Edited by Geeking

when I took my 8th grade pics I didn't want to look at them because I was afraid of how my face would look like.. so I decided to look at it because I thought it wasn't going to look that bad.(big mistake) I flat out looked like a MONSTER, I had black marks everywhere and zits.. I went home all depressed.. thank god my face is not like that anymore now that I'm 19 in college

I have acne and its a B**ch! I rarely take pics at school and when I do I make who ever took them to swear by photoshopping my face. It sucks but I don't wanna not have a pic of me during my high school years. Acnes a gift from the devil. I hate to have to photoshop but hey, what can I do? I rather look good than an oily pimply face on facebook for everyone to see.