Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sportsfan29

Our lives will be so much better...

Our lives will be so much better once we conquer our acne and scars/marks. I know that's obvious, but I just feel like rambling.

Every time I look in the mirror and I'm pretty clear and the red marks look pretty tame with no active pimples, I feel great. Every time I look in the mirror and my red marks are REDDD, I feel like ultimate sh*t.

I can't even imagine how great I'd feel if I was able to look in the mirror and see a completely clear face. I think my face would crack from having the biggest smile I've had in my life lol

Think of it...most of us have to deal with people while having acne...dealing with people while having 100% confidence will be sooo easy.

I can't wait til the day. Sorry, just felt like rambling and giving hope to myself and others. We will see the day!!

Think of it...most of us have to deal with people while having acne...dealing with people while having 100% confidence will be sooo easy.

Maybe so, but when you start getting clear and you're like that for a while, you start overanalyzing everything else.

Like, I'm not clear, but I don't care about my skin anymore, so I might as well be. And ever since I got that attitude, I've just moved on to what else I don't like about myself. As humans, it's in our nature to be focused on our flaws. Once you get clear skin, you're focused on something else. Once you lose that 15 lbs, you're focused on something else. We're always striving for perfection. Everyone has something they wish they could change about themselves - yes, even Megan Fox!!

I guess my point is is that once you're comfortable with your skin, it's not as cracked up as it's meant to be. Sure, it feels great in the beginning. But it gets old after a while, you become too "used to it", and you're on to your next flaw, trying to fix it.

I doubt I come "used to" having clear skin in a very long time, after not having one clear day in close to 3,000 days (8 years).

I'm definitely not the type to overanalyze myself. Sure, I'll wish I had bigger arms or a better upper chest, but I don't get depressed over it because I know what I have to do to achieve those goals. Acne/red marks is one of those things where it's really not in your hands. That's why it sucks so bad. I eat clean all day, exercise, and stay stress free while Johnny is in the corner eating fried chicken and ice cream covered in chocolate syrup for desert...doesn't ever exercise, and stresses out all day over something stupid but never gets a pimple.

It also kinda pisses me off from a stand point that I'm completely natural bodybuilding wise, but people in the gym probably think I've used something because I have pretty bad acne red marks. Feels bad man.

The happiest days of my life are yet to come...I just hope a lot of my memories from my college years aren't taking 2 antibiotics a day and putting on weird creams throughout the day.

Edited by sportsfan29

I get what you're saying, I just don't think you'll ever be 100% PURELY because of clear skin. Clear skin or not, everyone goes through their ups and downs.

The happiest days of my life are yet to come...

I am actually very happy a lot of the time; I'm a very happy person most of the time. I just think I'd be 100x more happy if I was completely clear.

I'm also saying that putting weird crap on my face will be my only memories...but they'll surely make up a good bit of it...probably 10-15% - especially considering I have to wait an hour to eat after taking each pill and I can't take the pill until 2 hours after I eat.

I want it more for myself. I rarely ever have anyone comment on my acne, which is strange because I never see anyone with worst than I have...red marks anyway. I get along with everyone really well, can make friends, etc. BUT the one thing I feel that's missing in my life is having that clear beautiful complexion that everyone seemingly else has.

I am actually very happy a lot of the time; I'm a very happy person most of the time. I just think I'd be 100x more happy if I was completely clear.

Alrighty, well I guess all I can do is wish you luck, then. I thought the very same until I became comfortable with my skin and I felt the exact same. Maybe it'll be different for you, but it's not always the case it seems. =/

I'm also saying that putting weird crap on my face will be my only memories...but they'll surely make up a good bit of it...probably 10-15% - especially considering I have to wait an hour to eat after taking each pill and I can't take the pill until 2 hours after I eat.

Yeah, I understand. That sucks that you have to do it :(

I want it more for myself. I rarely ever have anyone comment on my acne, which is strange because I never see anyone with worst than I have...red marks anyway. I get along with everyone really well, can make friends, etc. BUT the one thing I feel that's missing in my life is having that clear beautiful complexion that everyone seemingly else has.

If no one seems to mind your acne, then why does being clear seem like the best thing to go for? Honestly just accepting your acne rather than wishing for clear skin is better overall. When you accept your skin for what it is, how you look won't matter nearly as much anymore with acne. And then getting clear won't matter to you nearly as much as it did before.

Edited by Ḻyssa

If no one seems to mind your acne, then why does being clear seem like the best thing to go for? Honestly just accepting your acne rather than wishing for clear skin is better overall. When you accept your skin for what it is, how you look won't matter nearly as much anymore with acne. And then getting clear won't matter to you nearly as much as it did before.

It's all about wanting to better yourself and raising the bar for yourself.

If you were 300 lbs overweight but no one cared or treated you different, would you still like to lose that weight to look good for yourself?

If you were jobless and lived on the streets but no one cared or treated you different, would you still want to get back on your feet and turn your life around?

Obviously those two are are extremes, but it's still the way I feel about acne. Even though it's nothing I can control and got dealt a bad hand of cards, I still want to better myself in that regard.

Obviously those two are are extremes, but it's still the way I feel about acne. Even though it's nothing I can control and got dealt a bad hand of cards, I still want to better myself in that regard.

Obviously. And you're right, it's nothing you can control, unlike the examples you presented. I get what you're saying about wanting to raise the bar, but I still think the first step in getting that is accepting yourself and seeing where it takes you from there. You can do tons of stuff trying to get your acne better, but it's nice in the waiting process to live your life and still feel comfortable with or without acne.

It looks like neither of us are going to change each other's minds, lol. I guess we just need to take our opinions and leave with what we've heard because I'm getting tired. :dozing:

Obviously. And you're right, it's nothing you can control, unlike the examples you presented. I get what you're saying about wanting to raise the bar, but I still think the first step in getting that is accepting yourself and seeing where it takes you from there. You can do tons of stuff trying to get your acne better, but it's nice in the waiting process to live your life and still feel comfortable with or without acne.

It looks like neither of us are going to change each other's minds, lol. I guess we just need to take our opinions and leave with what we've heard because I'm getting tired. :dozing:

I get what you mean...I accept myself. I just would love to be able to see a clear complexion. I'm sure you feel the same way. You also probably didn't have as severe of acne or as long of a time as I've experienced so you probably don't see it as that big of a deal either.